Good to be back!

bensaunders

Hi All,

So, I sold my 997.2 back in January 2015 when I started a new job... it was my 6th Porsche and I probably thought it would be my last.

Since then I have owned the following:

Alfa 4C (2015)- Beautiful to look at but very raw and lots of Italian features (read this as quirks). If only the car looked as it did but was a cayman underneath (including the interior) it would have been a long term keeper

Maserati GranTurismo (2015) - A beast of a car, amazing sound but a bit of a dinosaur. Only had it for 6 months as I just wasn't feeling it

Ferrari California (2011) - As a kid I dreamed of owning a Ferrari and now I can tick it off. It was beautiful but it felt fragile. I was always worried a bit would drop off and it would cost me £15k. I had it 2 years and didn't drive it that much. I'm glad I had it otherwise I would still be hankering after a Ferrari. But as the saying goes.. 'Don't meet your Heros'. When the pandemic hit last year I felt I should sell it and finally I sold it in July 2020. I paid down the finance and felt a sense of relief if I'm honest.

I then told my long suffering wife that I wouldn't buy another 'second' car unless I could pay for it outright as I just didn't want the pressure of a monthly payment for a car that doesn't get used much. I knew that I wanted another Porsche and probably a Cayman or a Boxster. I just love the look of the Cayman, but felt that a Boxster would be a more fun choice. Originally I wanted Silver, but on reflection, the majority of my cars have been black or silver, so I decided upon Red. I have kept an eye out since last July but was in no position to buy.

That changed on Saturday when I picked up a Guards Red 981 2.7 PDK from Ashgood. It's an early car (2012) and wasn't cheap considering, but its done 20,000 miles and the spec is excellent and exactly what I was after. I drove up on Saturday Morning and I was very impressed with the Ashgood set up and the car itself.... it looks brand new inside and out (until I drove it home and got a stone chip on the front bumper). Honestly, I'm still shocked at the condition for a 2012 car.

I am super happy with the car and cannot believe how well built it feels compared to the California. I really could not be happier. Two of the dash vents have a broken slat, but Ashgood have already ordered some in incase they can't be fixed, which I though was great service.

I really hope this car turns out to be a keeper as so far I have fallen back in love with the Porsche brand.

Next jobs... get my private plate fitted, get the CDR31 modified for CarPlay and get the front wrapped in PPF.

I look forward to spending time on this forum again as I did in the past!

Cheers

Ben

IMG_4918 (1).jpeg

Ashgoods do seem to be doing everything right by their customers - buyers and seller, so I'm not sure how they manage that.

They do look nice in red. B) 

Archived