£39k for 2013 ????

alank

Just noticed Swindon have a 2013 S pdk for £39k, I realise only 16500 miles, 1 owner, but they seem to be proving a sound investment haha. Not sure about colour scheme, no PSE, no Sports Steering wheel. 

In comparison, I paid £33k, 2013 (63), 18500, ,1 owner everything except PTV , from Sytners last March.

When does the bubble burst and they start to devalue because everything is electric, and petrol cars are taxed to the hilt to get rid of them ?????

I agree with your comments. Check out Porsche Hatfield............2015 981 S good colour with some nice bits and low miles for 45K

I bought 2 years ago this month a 2016 981 S 11k miles with 15k worth of bits for less than that.

Should I give them a call?

I would pay the tax if I could still afford it. 

Used Boxsters bizarrely seem to have gone up in price.  2-3 years ago a 987.1 was 8-10k, down to 6.5k for a 2.7, you might scrape 12k for a late 3.4. Other models priced accordingly.  Now I'm told 11k is cheap! Something really strange has been happening over the last year or so.  People only selling old cars for such high prices - you'd think they're wearing a mask!

I think at the moment with spring here, and lockdowns easing (hopefully) the dealers are just trying their luck. It’s possible that one or two high specced low mileage S cars might start with a 4, but most nice S cars are going to be mid 3s I expect.  I think it’s perhaps not a great time to buy, but when they are still on  forecourt in June they will likely be more realistically priced.

I've been tracking prices for a while lately, summer definitely a factor as is the 6 vs 4 cylinder difference.

718s can be bought for a decent price but 981s are holding really well.  No doubt helped by the rumours that the next versions will be hybrid and/or fully electric.

Too early to tell how the 718 GTS 4.0 will affect the 981 prices but its at the top end of the range, there's no other 6 cyl option for those in the market for base and S versions.

On the 981 GTS front, every car that comes on the market seems to be more expensive than the last!       

On 3/19/2021 at 8:25 PM, Stuart21UK said:

mine cost me £60k new in 2013,

On 3/19/2021 at 8:43 AM, alank said:

Just noticed Swindon have a 2013 S pdk for £39k, I realise only 16500 miles, 1 owner, but they seem to be proving a sound investment haha.

So, The owner has spent £21,000 to drive 16,500 miles.

Can a maths wizz tell me how much this is per mile?  The owner probably had it serviced 4 times too.

Sound investment? Hardly.

24 minutes ago, McDonald said:

So, The owner has spent £21,000 to drive 16,500 miles.

Can a maths wizz tell me how much this is per mile?  The owner probably had it serviced 4 times too.

Sound investment? Hardly.

£1.60 per mile. Which is somewhat better than the nearly £7 per mile my 21 year old, car has cost me this year. 

1 minute ago, mike597 said:

£1.60 per mile. Which is somewhat better than the nearly £7 per mile my 21 year old, car has cost me this year. 

You've had a properly expensive year then. Hope the next few years are more economical. 

The car in question has averaged 2,000 miles a year. It seems a pity that these lovely cars are owned by people who don't get out to play with them.

The problem is, and the reason I hunted down a late model 981 Boxster S two years ago was that Porsche created a gap by insisting 4 cyl turbo was the way to go. A change of heart and so now if you want that 6 cyl sound, you have to buy a 981 or front up big money for a nearly new GTS so the prices of good examples of the last of the 6 cyls is getting dragged up by that. When I looked a month or two ago, Porsche UK only had two 981 Boxster S for sale in the whole country and a couple of OPCs have asked me to "talk to them" if I want to sell.

I've got a new Macan S being delivered in a month and I'm going to run the two cars alongside each other. If the Boxster doesn't get much use this summer, I know I'll have a queue of buyers for it.

3 hours ago, McDonald said:

You've had a properly expensive year then. Hope the next few years are more economical. 

The car in question has averaged 2,000 miles a year. It seems a pity that these lovely cars are owned by people who don't get out to play with them.

No I've had a very normal year expense wise, it's cost me about £2k in maintenance. Which is normal. However I've managed barely 300 miles in the year. Which is not normal. 

3 minutes ago, mike597 said:

No I've had a very normal year expense wise, it's cost me about £2k in maintenance. Which is normal. However I've managed barely 300 miles in the year. Which is not normal. 

Mike, the example under discussion covers a seven year period. I hope your experience in the year of Covid 19 won't continue in the same vein for another six years.

11 hours ago, McDonald said:

There are several of those people on here :( 

59 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

There are several of those people on here :( 

People spending more time on the forum than they do in their cars. Understandable in Lockdown.

But what's more fun than driving a Porsche?

Not lockdown, just young children and a demanding job and old house, and no obvious destinations or like-minded friends. Might change as the youngest is now 12, we don't have to fuss with babysitters any more.

2 hours ago, McDonald said:

But what's more fun than driving a Porsche?

I'm certainly not telling you her name (sighs wistfully...)

5 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Not lockdown, just young children and a demanding job and old house, and no obvious destinations or like-minded friends. Might change as the youngest is now 12, we don't have to fuss with babysitters any more.

I'm certainly not telling you her name (sighs wistfully...)

Name not needed but a full description with comprehensive list of attributes & talents would wake the forum nicely.

15 hours ago, Broxie said:

couple of OPCs have asked me to "talk to them" if I want to sell.

Yep.   I’ve had emails from 2 OPCs that I’ve used suggesting they want to buy my car.....but there’s nothing I really want more for the price so I’ll stick with it.

17 minutes ago, Patt said:

I'm in hope of the sun coming out as the only serious interest has been from the dealers.

I hope your lottery ticket comes up trumps before a dealers steals your car.

Archived