Tracking system

Anthony Howells

It's subscription with Vodaphone, you need to contact OPC to get the form for them to send off to get it activated at a cost of £235 a year. That was the cost when I got my car 3 years ago so may have gone up now..... 

9 minutes ago, CMA said:

It's subscription with Vodaphone, you need to contact OPC to get the form for them to send off to get it activated at a cost of £235 a year. That was the cost when I got my car 3 years ago so may have gone up now..... 

is that following activation???

my renewal has just come through 

Option 
1 YEAR 217.00

Option 
3 years585.00

1 hour ago, JurassicGTS said:

I believe it's through a subscription with Vodaphone. When I bought my GTS from the OPC, they told me no one bothered with it.

I’m guessing the OP is talking about a Macan Diesel or similar.

The trackers are only useful if required by the insurance companies as part of your cover.

My Macan has a tracker but I did not renew it when the price dropped through the floor and was no longer an insurance requirement.

5 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

is that following activation???

my renewal has just come through 

Option 
1 YEAR 217.00

Option 
3 years585.00

That's what Leicester OPC told me the cost was for my Boxster. It may have been for the first year including activation, it may have been cheaper for year 2 or may not have been. Could have been the OPC taking a cut on the price too as it was only written on the paperwork by them. I didn't enquire too hard as it wasn't a requirement of the insurance and the discount given by the insurance wasn't worth the extra cost.

1 hour ago, CMA said:

I didn't enquire too hard as it wasn't a requirement of the insurance and the discount given by the insurance wasn't worth the extra cost.

Same here when the Macan dropped off the radar for the requirement too.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2011 boxster has this. 

when I insured it they asked “does it have a tracker” I replied “it can have what’s the price difference.”

response was “for 12 months. - £11”.  Hmm says I “only save £11”. 

No they say “it’s £11 more if you HAVE a tracker”

I stopped there. 

I have the Porsche tracker and just renewed it with Vodafone due to my insurance company insisting on it or they wont insure if stolen.

The key fobs are a pain in the **** as you have to carry one with you when in the car, if not they phone you to check the car is in your possession and then keep phoning if they cant get hold of you.

Would rather not have it but its a lot of £ to lose if stolen.

• 3 weeks later...