Tow hook needed in Wolverhampton Area

Gefstar1

Hi

I am struggling to get a tow hook for a reasonable cost that will actually fit a 986 Boxster

I am moving my car on Monday ( Non runner going into Wolverhampton Porsche for an Immobiliser and keys etc) and was wondering if there is anybody local to Wolverhampton who could lend me one for the day? 

I am happy to recompense with Alcohol, Chocolate etc for the help!! 

Thanks in advance 

22 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Don't think me too daft but have you tried the OPC ? 

You may also want to update your "My Ride" with the year and variant of your car, it'll get you help quicker.

OPC was my next step.

Profile updated 👍🏻

Thanks for the help 

• Like 1

Not to worry, the car transport company just tied the straps around the windscreen and pulled it up the truck from there..... just kidding!!

I ordered one over the weekend from ebay and my car is now on its way to Porsche Wolverhampton for an immobiliser and 2x key replacement after the previous owner tried to drown it.

Thanks for all your input

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2021 at 8:37 PM, Rev Ken said:

well I never knew you could fit a tow hook to a 986. Now if I had known that I wonder if it could tow my (light) caravan.😊

I live for the sarcasm on this forum. 

I can't wait to need help next time and ask another question.. Will be interesting  

• Sad 1

well I never knew you could fit a tow hook to a 986. Now if I had known that I wonder if it could tow my (light) caravan.😊

On 11/15/2021 at 9:10 AM, Gefstar1 said:

It's sarcasm?  I wanted to get a plane ticket north to watch Rev Ken towing his caravan around the Lakes - in reverse...

Those retired REME guys will do anything...

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:10 AM, Gefstar1 said:

I can't wait to need help next time and ask another question.. Will be interesting  

I live for the insults from @Scubaregs but each to their own 🤣 glad you got it sorted.

• Haha 1

Of course you can,I believe there are two screw receptacles on the rear and not just the one behind the removable tab for LHD & RHD you see.

You simply screw the mounting gubbins into both and connect the draw bar,,,,,,SIMPLES

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:11 AM, Gefstar1 said:

Thank you, however the car has no spare, no jack, no tool kit ... its what you get for buying a Porsche for £2k! 

Bargain (I hope) - though if you are using the OPC for everything, expect to have your pants pulled down a few times.

I hope the car gets sorted quickly. B) 

On 11/15/2021 at 9:11 AM, Gefstar1 said:

Thank you, however the car has no spare, no jack, no tool kit ... its what you get for buying a Porsche for £2k! 

I suspect these guys are going to become you friends: Douglas Valley Breakers, 9aprat, Status Porsche.  All reputable Boxster breakers and an excellent cost effective source of many original if not new parts for your car.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Araf said:

Bargain (I hope) - though if you are using the OPC for everything, expect to have your pants pulled down a few times.

I hope the car gets sorted quickly. B) 

Only using OPC for the immobilizer, keys and coding. The rest is going to be done by myself. 

Car is waterproof now thanks to a new plastic window in roof and a gutting of the interior to be replaced with dry carpet. 

Previous owner had left it out in all weather's for a year so more of a goldfish bowl than a sports car!

Will be going through it with a fine tooth comb and sorting it out totally. Next on the list is the AOS, a service and a thorough clean 👌 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

It's sarcasm?  I wanted to get a plane ticket north to watch Rev Ken towing his caravan around the Lakes - in reverse...

Those retired REME guys will do anything...

I obviously read into it wrong.. 

I didn't realise BoXa meant "a box a behind a the car a"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1