Is this an optical illusion

the baron

At the weekend I was involved in a photo shoot with a few other members to promote a new car storage facility.

I have cropped back a picture of just my car the 996, @CAZ 987 and @Rav986 the 911 looks thinner than both it’s sandwich between, is this an optical illusion or are the dimensions of the 911 actually smaller then the other two?

7SeAnhL.jpg

• Like 1

Awww - they look so cute! Like little dinky toys 🤣

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

No it isn't.  996 Carrera is 1.76 metres wide and a 987 is 1.80 metres wide...

Are you claiming to be able to see a 2% difference at that viewing distance? It’s more likely to be something in the image that cues extra width. To my eye, the black car looks the widest, probably because of the horizontal reflections on the boot.

1 hour ago, BBB said:

Are you claiming to be able to see a 2% difference at that viewing distance? It’s more likely to be something in the image that cues extra width. To my eye, the black car looks the widest, probably because of the horizontal reflections on the boot.

2% still represents 4cm which is visible to the eye so I would say yes you can

2 hours ago, BBB said:

No, I looked it up...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rowbos said:

You are a bad man! 😂

Calling Mistress Caz @CAZ, this man clearly deserves some of your 'special' treatment for even raising this... 😬

I was merely making certain that the poster, @the baron took care not to make an error in the matter.  I have neither the courage nor the stupidity to go where you seem to be inferring... unless of course you are using it as a route to secure 'special' treatment for yourself.... 

If you recall another thread recently I had the good grace to refer to @CAZ as thoroughbred.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scubaregs said:

So basically you are saying she's a horse with a big ass? 🤔

I would distance myself from such an unfortunate interpretation.  Your words, not mine!

Back on topic, the 986 is 1.78 metres wide, so yes the 986 and 987 are wider than the standard body 996.  For completeness, the standard body 997 is fractionally wider (7mm) than the 987.

5 hours ago, ½cwt said:

As long as you don't say that about the Cherry Bomb's owner....

He wouldn't dare! that's Mr997's job 😈

• Like 1