Brake pad and disc replacement.

Stuno1

I used AUTODOC in the Fatherland for my bits, you pay the VAT up front so there’s no import duties.
I use ATE plated discs on everything nowadays (the quality is superb) and used Textar pads. 
No squeal and the plated discs keep very clean

Easy job, same as the 986/987 on the whole with the exception of the caliper retaining bolts being different lengths front/rear.

I did all of my flexible and solid brake pipes last time I was in along with stainless bleed nipples

Proper job 😉

14 hours ago, Duffy3074 said:

I used AUTODOC in the Fatherland for my bits, you pay the VAT up front so there’s no import duties.
I use ATE plated discs on everything nowadays (the quality is superb) and used Textar pads. 

Hi Derek, quick look on my autodoc app, It's only listing the fronts. Do you have the ATE part numbers for the rear?

6 hours ago, Hainesy said:

So does this basket look right? Coming in a £170 inc VAT and Delivery.  Do I need some shims with that as well?

CleanShot 2021-12-28 at 11.58.34@2x.jpg

987 have shims, which stick to the back of the pad and locate in the pistons.  

you also have two different parts at two different prices for wear sensors.  

No idea what is “right” 

1 minute ago, Hainesy said:

Ah, good spot - thanks!

Actually same for discs (part number)   Matters for Porsche original and I think brembo since they are “handed” - the drillings are different for each side - again no idea what the right part is for these.  

12 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Have you ever used them?

I’ve used them a lot and I’ve yet to have an issue.

If you’re in any way unsure about what you’re ordering then pay the extra for a paid return. I’ve heard the odd story about them substituting alternative branded parts when they’ve been out of stock but I’ve always put in that I’d rather they cancelled the order than do so

However I appreciate other people who have used them may have had a different experience

• Like 1

Just now, Duffy3074 said:

Have you ever used them?

I’ve used them a lot and I’ve yet to have an issue.

If you’re in any way unsure about what you’re ordering then pay the extra for a paid return. I’ve heard the odd story about them substituting alternative branded parts when they’ve been out of stock but I’ve always put in that I’d rather they cancelled the order than do so

However I appreciate other people who have used them may have had a different experience

Personally no and clearly you've had good results with them. Maybe it's just internet noise from the unhappy few.