Time to say Goodbye..

stevethegreek

After 19 months and just over 17k miles, I said goodbye to my 987S yesterday. 

Had some great times and thoroughly enjoyed my ownership but I had been hankering for something newer over the last couple of months. So I managed to trade in for this..

C6hxR22b.jpg

2015 981 GTS.

This was not my first choice, as I was really looking for a Gen2 997S, however the jump in spends was just a bit too much. But I'm enjoying it immensely so far, though have only had it since yesterday. 

I've got a few bits and pieces from the 987 that I will be listing up for sale so as to make some space in my garage. 

Thanks for all interaction and advice/assistance since joining here, it's a fantastic knowledgebase for the Box owner 👍

• Like 10

1 hour ago, stevethegreek said:

2015 981 GTS.

This was not my first choice, as I was really looking for a Gen2 997S, however the jump in spends was just a bit too much.

Just noticed this.  Wow. A 997.2S is much more than a 981 GTS?  My suspicion is you have way better value for money!

By the way, you must be still in denial/trauma, if you've posted a goodbye in the 987 forum, rather than a hello in the 981 forum!

Edited by Menoporsche
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Just noticed this.  Wow. A 997.2S is much more than a 981 GTS?  My suspicion is you have way better value for money!

By the way, you must be still in denial/trauma, if you've posted a goodbye in the 987 forum, rather than a hello in the 981 forum!

I wasn't clear I guess. I could have got a 997.2S for 'similar' money. However, it would have been a very early Gen 2, 2008/9 if lucky, not very well specced at all, some with questionable history, higher mileage and only 3 years newer than my 987S. So the 981GTS made more sense (in my mind) - 2015, under 40k miles, very well specced and I ended up getting a pretty good deal all in all.

Lol'd at your other comment! I couldn't say hello in the 981 forum as I don't have one of these!....

tinopener_124085428_250.jpg?version=4.0.

Edited by stevethegreek
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, stevethegreek said:

Thanks for all interaction and advice/assistance since joining here

My advice (from bitter personal experience...) would be: Don't admit to this bunch of Muppets that you've got a Cayman... :lol:

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, stevethegreek said:

After 19 months and just over 17k miles, I said goodbye to my 987S yesterday. 

Had some great times and thoroughly enjoyed my ownership but I had been hankering for something newer over the last couple of months. So I managed to trade in for this..

C6hxR22b.jpg

2015 981 GTS.

This was not my first choice, as I was really looking for a Gen2 997S, however the jump in spends was just a bit too much. But I'm enjoying it immensely so far, though have only had it since yesterday. 

I've got a few bits and pieces from the 987 that I will be listing up for sale so as to make some space in my garage. 

Thanks for all interaction and advice/assistance since joining here, it's a fantastic knowledgebase for the Box owner 👍

what a colour!

• Like 1

Cracking looking car and you made the right choice with the 981 ( my fav) Mr997 ( has a 2010 gen 2 ) still has the hump over having to spend out nearly £500 on a rear light casing yesterday ( after 10%PCGB discount) - fab colour too 😊👍

• Like 1