Creaking doors

Tony Daniel

I bought a guide to replace the noisy one on the passenger side but not got around to it, think it was £25.

Replaced them when I had a 986.  Easy job, take off the door card as they are removed through the door and just two screws and two nuts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I have replaced my Lada door stays with some Porsche ones. After running round a few OPC's trying to get these done under warranty and failing I ordered to new ones from Rose Passion and they arrived in 2 days. Fitting was pretty easy, just needed to remove the door card a speaker. Porsche quoted me around £360 to supply and fit so pretty pleased with the result.

IMG20220905151419

On 9/5/2022 at 6:35 PM, Tony Daniel said:

So I have replaced my Lada door stays with some Porsche ones. After running round a few OPC's trying to get these done under warranty and failing I ordered to new ones from Rose Passion and they arrived in 2 days. Fitting was pretty easy, just needed to remove the door card a speaker. Porsche quoted me around £360 to supply and fit so pretty pleased with the result.

IMG20220905151419

Yup it’s nice when you lose the “Lada door sound” for sure. Hopefully a satisfying DIY fix for you. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 6:35 PM, Tony Daniel said:

IMG20220905151419

Question ? - Why buy from Rose Passion - were they cheaper than from OPC ? 

22 hours ago, iborguk said:

FYI OPCs I’ve dealt with will post small parts.

They have posted things in the past but I think the 2 stays might have been a bit bulky. Rose Passion were very quick to deliver considering its a French company, and for these parts as cheap if not cheaper than an OPC.

As a comparison Rose Passion £68.28 delivered, Porsche OPC £78, Design 911 £92.10 delivered🤯

8 hours ago, T24RES said:

I didn't know I needed to fix this, ordering parts immediately 😩 

You just need a T25 & T30 torx to get the door panel off, a 10mm socket and 10mm spline tool for the stay removal

Edited by Tony Daniel

On 9/7/2022 at 3:33 PM, Paul P said:

Question ? - Why buy from Rose Passion - were they cheaper than from OPC ? 

Rose Passion were also cheaper than OPC for retrofit cruise control, so worth a check for some parts. Perhaps it’s due to currency and the poor GBP conversion rates?

• Like 2