From Tesla Model 3 to 982 Boxster S

224 Peter

Hi, Today I dumped my Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor after 14 months which took me from an EV apostle to an EV Cynic. 

My Porsche Boxster S, late 2016 and already christened "66", arrives on Tuesday next week. 

My other car is a 2014 Morgan Supersport Roadster I've had from November 2014, but it isn't exactly an every day drive.  

This first post is to say "Hi", I've never before owned a Porsche, so I have a lot to learn! 

I don't think anyone wants to see yet another Tesla Model 3... I'll post a photo of "66" as soon as  have her home. 

The 66 Car is Kingfisher Blue with platinum plated 20" Carrera wheels, PDK, PASM, PCM plus Bose Sound, Multi function steering wheel, Sports Seats Plus, Sport Chrono Pack, Sports Exhaust System with black tail pipes, and a few other bits. 

First registered in Aberdeen, with just 11,250 miles run, she now lives just south of Salisbury. 

I can't wait....

• Like 3

Welcome and as others have said, interested in the thinking behind the exit from Tesla....

Think a few of us here think EV is the answer to a question, but not all of us ( me included ) are quite sure what that question is, so interested in real world experience.

And yeah - pictures.....

Welcome, and an interesting change.

In case of problems with picture posting check this thread, direct posting is very limited to keep hosting costs down.

Welcome, I'm living with a Tesla M3LR as a daily and my 987.2 as fair weather plaything and they work well together for me. 

Interested in your story on the EV sub forum...

Photos of your new car will be welcomed... I hope the warm weather holds out for you 😎

IF I was still a wage slave commuting to work an EV is an answer, but in April 2022 I finally retired and 90% of my driving is now for fun. 

We have three cars...from Tuesday 9th. 

1. 2017 AMG C43 Coupe. AWD, so the winter car of choice and SWMBO's other love..

2. 2016 Porsche Boxster S, my daily drive

3. 2014 Morgan Plus 8, 4.8L of naturally aspirated V8 and not a driver's aid anywhere.  A keeper, for those special mornings and day's away. Not exactly waterproof, and with no traction control or stability aids it can be interesting. This is the Morgan...InheCourtyard.jpg

Rolls Royce Bronze from the late 80s, 19" AeroMax wheels, the chassis tub is bonded aluminium, IRS all round with inboard front coil over units, ash framed body and doors, aluminium everything else. Noisy, draughty with the hood down and even noiser hood up. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Paul P said:

Welcome and as others have said, interested in the thinking behind the exit from Tesla....

Think a few of us here think EV is the answer to a question, but not all of us ( me included ) are quite sure what that question is, so interested in real world experience.

And yeah - pictures.....

Thanks... I agree the wave of EV mania is an answer to a question that arises from a mood, not any reality. At the risk of being "not exactly on message" I believe climate change is a real threat to life on earth, but I'm not convinced that it is essentially man made and I do not believe that token reductions in CO2 emissions by wealthy countries is the answer.  

EVs are great urban vehicles as they help reduce particle pollution, eliminate tailpipe CO2 and are quieter than most other cars and are very cheap to run if charged at home. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 224 Peter said:

I believe climate change is a real threat to life on earth, but I'm not convinced that it is essentially man made and I do not believe that token reductions in CO2 emissions by wealthy countries is the answer.  

Me too !    Can I say that 😁 

If we are to cope with natural warming cycles then we sure need to change our ways. No water, you are dead in a week or less.

5 Sleeps to go....

Photo from the Porsche Centre Bournemouth....

66-in-Blue.jpg

Boxster S, PDK, PASM, Sort Chrono Package, full leather, Sports Seats Plus, GT Sport Multifunction Steering wheel, Navigation Module for PCM, Bose digital Stereo, etc, etc. 

First registered in Aberdeen (SW66 ***) in October 2016, 11,250 miles. 

Anyone here know her?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 224 Peter said:

5 Sleeps to go....

66-in-Blue.jpg

Boxster S, PDK, PASM, Sort Chrono Package, full leather, Sports Seats Plus, GT Sport Multifunction Steering wheel, Navigation Module for PCM, Bose digital Stereo, etc, etc. 

Anyone here know her?  

Exciting!!

4 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

5 Sleeps to go....

66-in-Blue.jpg

Anyone here know her?  

No but I like the cut of it's jib, 5 more sleeps !