Almost done the deal on my 1st Porsche. Part excited, part scared

Sputty37

Looks virtually identical to mine.  The 987.2 is a great car and, in my experience over the last 3 yrs, certainly not a money pit.  I note that you are also based in Suffolk which has a couple of good independents, notably Reason Porsche in Crowbridge and PIE just south of Lavenham.

11 minutes ago, Sputty37 said:

Done the deal today. Pick her up tomorrow 😊

Great news - you will be smiling all the way home 😁

Cool. Number one tip; go easy on wet autumn roads. These cars don’t drift, they spin easily. Too many lose them that way. (You’ll now read a thousand discussions about tyres…) 

But they really are a lot of fun :) 

11 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Yes, even 4 years later I'm still not quite sure how I've managed to have a Porshe parked on my drive. Enjoy!

I feel exactly the same mate  :thumbsup_still:

1 hour ago, Sputty37 said:

Picked her up today, even better than expected.  I've defo got the biggest smile on my face today. Look forward to learning more about the car and brand.

Congratulations mate, enjoy your new car, and don't forget to post a few pics on here when you get time. 

Tip: Before you take any photos, be sure to clear any weeds from your driveway, and also line up the pointy bit of the wheel badges with the tyre valves.  People on here get extremely upset if these two "rules" are broken... :lol:

We expect to see you at Simply Porsche Beaulieu in the summer..... we all meet up at Bolton's Bench and drive in together... pack a picnic 😁

3 hours ago, Sputty37 said:

Picked her up today, even better than expected.  I've defo got the biggest smile on my face today. Look forward to learning more about the car and brand.

So: is “the wife” happy? :D 

Don't know if we have said it earlier in this thread but - find out how to check and clear the roof drains, and do it regularly especially if it lives outside and you have trees around. Plenty of Youtube help - and a trombone cleaner is your friend.

It looks brilliant - enjoy it.

• Like 1

I have had 5 years with my 987.2, admittedly its only covered 29k miles, but it has been a pleasure to own, far cheaper than the SLK350 or the Honda Type R previously. Great cars. I would suggest a good service shortly after you purchase. 

Just now, Sputty37 said:

Planning to get the wheels refurbed and new centre caps

Contact @marts500 for centre caps unless you like paying nearly £200 for a set of 4 from Porsche.  You'll need a few more posts before you can send messages.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 9:35 PM, Sputty37 said:

Done the deal today. Pick her up tomorrow 😊

Hey good luck with your new purchase. I bought my 987 last summer with 60k on the clock and its's been a blast. The only thing I've had to do is an annual service with @TROOPER88- oh and a replacement hood again from @TROOPER88after two hoodies slashed it for fun 😡. Get out there and put some more miles on her - you won't be able to stop smiling I can promise you 😆

• Like 1