Little Red GTS....

RBD914 v2

6 hours ago, villaman said:

Thanks @andygo....I have fitted the X-73 anti roll bars and can feel the difference (improved) in the overall handling.

Im about to speak to Lee at CPS about fitting the rest of the kit.

X73 on my MY13 981 Boxster is awesome. Cars stance is far more purposeful in looks. Ride quality is at first OMG what have I done 😂😂 but my experience after a 1000 miles is it’s fine. Handling is vastly improved over standard. Only consideration is ground clearance has been reduced somewhat but nothing I’ve really ever had a problem with 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Withy said:

Oooh, that looks awesome. IMHO the best colour for a GTS, congratulations on the new car Rob.  What interior has it got? I'm guessing the alcantara GTS interior pack with the red stitching.  

Yep exactly that!

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful motor Rob & interesting points about the Spyder. I think it looks great with the silver wheels also! 

How many 981's is that now? 5? 

All of your cars have looked great in my opinion but as above that's probably the most special colour for a 981 GTS. 

& You've made me miss those roads 😭😂

• Like 1

So, sooooo much better 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I doubt you'll get anyone on here saying anything negative about those wheels, they look excellent, nice one mate :thumbsup_still:

To be fair the Carerras were not my favourite wheels, I prefer the Turbo style ones, but they are pricey!

So thought I would try painting them Platinum - and what a transformation!

Loving them now!

Looks great I liked the silver wheels just because you see too many folk going black/red. 

As previously commented the car looks guards red in the photos which I think looks ace with silver wheels. Looks sleek now! Looks a bit nicer weather up there than down here 😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Had the wheels powder coated Satin Platinum today, as I thought the silver was a little to bright for Carmine Red.

Looks a lot classier now....what do you think?

They look superb! Great choice

• Thanks 1

They look great, good colour choice for that style of wheel. I repaired some Taycan alloys yesterday in satin Platinum and it was a nice match with his Gentian blue body colour.

I think they could benefit from some 10mm spacers all round, I changed mine from 7/15mm as the 15mm were a touch too wide but the 10mm all round look and drive spot on 👌

10 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

They look great, good colour choice for that style of wheel. I repaired some Taycan alloys yesterday in satin Platinum and it was a nice match with his Gentian blue body colour.

I think they could benefit from some 10mm spacers all round, I changed mine from 7/15mm as the 15mm were a touch too wide but the 10mm all round look and drive spot on 👌

Tell me more about these 10mm spacers?

Where do you source them? How much are they? Are any other modifications required, for example longer studs to mount wheels? Any effect on warranty?

Do you have any pictures of them on the car?

Had a bad experience fitting wide wheel spacers to a Mini many years ago, they put too much strain on the wheel studs and they sheered off resulting me losing both front wheels whilst driving.....

3 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Tell me more about these 10mm spacers?

Where do you source them? How much are they? Are any other modifications required, for example longer studs to mount wheels? Any effect on warranty?

Do you have any pictures of them on the car?

Had a bad experience fitting wide wheel spacers to a Mini many years ago, they put too much strain on the wheel studs and they sheered off resulting me losing both front wheels whilst driving.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275170297021?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=oz-IDtuRQ4i&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=SlohPGr9R-u&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

These are the ones I used, great quality and fit.

The idea of the spacer’s is to widen the track of the car which makes the wheels fill the arches more and supposedly improve grip. 
I think it is more of a cosmetic thing but it does make a difference to how the car looks.

I will post some photos for you !

Yes I remember those terrible spacers on the minis, same idea but much better quality and fit😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1