Template for bootlid 'PORSCHE' text

MAC99V

• 4 months later...
On 5/5/2023 at 10:57 AM, MAC99V said:

Long shot, but going to ask anyway......The Boxster is having a machine polish and ceramic coating applied on Monday and with the work going in, considering removing the rear text and going plain 'PORSCHE'. Done a quick search and it appears that the text badge from our local dealer doesn't come with a template. Has anyone made one that could be mailed over for me to print off so i can give it to my detailer for fitting?...

Many thanks, Mark.

My new rear boot badge(s)

Edited by P27GLN
Removing attachment

15 hours ago, P27GLN said:

My new rear boot badge(s)

IMG_0006.jpeg

I just put my PORSCHE lettering in the bin.  It was held in a sort of template just using masking tape.  I guess my pain guy put the masking tape on the bootlid then removed the lettering.  In my case the letters are chrome and I dont want chrome on my green car.  So for now I have no letters.

54 minutes ago, ATM said:

I just put my PORSCHE lettering in the bin.  It was held in a sort of template just using masking tape.  I guess my pain guy put the masking tape on the bootlid then removed the lettering.  In my case the letters are chrome and I dont want chrome on my green car.  So for now I have no letters.

Got mine from Etsy, good quality and real easy to install

Looked better before if you ask me - But obviously my view doesn't count on here because I drive a Cayman, so a moot point  😂

To be fair, it looks like you have done a great job of the fitting, and spraying the letters black makes them blend in nicely 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

Resprayed black before fitting 

BJT3fKE.jpg

Card template helps keep everything spaced equally and straight

MeetrI8.jpg

Nice job-mine came with a similar arrangement.

my boot was debadged when I bought the car, not really a fan of the original Cayman or Boxster script-much happier with the satin black letters

Edited by And.rs1800

I know thus far the posts show there’s no wrong way and what ever floats each owners boat .

However when I see ( in traffic queues etc ) the wrong badging esp crocked poorly aligned 320d or ML 320 in the wrong place then immediately springs in my mind it’s been ar*e ended / accident damaged .

I can’t be the only one ?

As for “ naked “ it’s tells me the repairer ( cost cutting in the quote ) could be even bothered to source a replacement.

I know badge deletion is a no cost option too but it does open up in my mind the above .

Sorry to rain on a parade but I others must think this too ?  

They might, but Boxster owners know it's extremely common to snap a bit off the B and then choose to debadge it.

Crocked - there's no excuse.

And as for a perfectly centred "Boxster" and then an S hanging off to the right - they probably have different tyre brands on the same axle :mad:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Boxer boy said:

I know thus far the posts show there’s no wrong way and what ever floats each owners boat .

However when I see ( in traffic queues etc ) the wrong badging esp crocked poorly aligned 320d or ML 320 in the wrong place then immediately springs in my mind it’s been ar*e ended / accident damaged .

I can’t be the only one ?

As for “ naked “ it’s tells me the repairer ( cost cutting in the quote ) could be even bothered to source a replacement.

I know badge deletion is a no cost option too but it does open up in my mind the above .

Sorry to rain on a parade but I others must think this too ?  

the previous owner of my car took the rear badge off because he thought it looked better without-I’ve done a fair bit of work to my car and I’m quite sure it hasn’t been hit up the ar*e and needed a paint job but I can definitely see your point .

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, P27GLN said:

Mine, with a sport edition add on

IMG_0006.jpeg

is it just me but is the letting placed in a curved pattern like in a semi circle shape?

I am not a big fan of this lettering on the 987 as the boot shape etc doesnt suit it, but everyone is different :)

Edited by Bike Loon
  • Like 1

Same here. The lettering running straight doesn’t suit the car. When I did my daughters one, I did them in a slight curve following the line of the boot lip, which in my opinion looked much better.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

I haven't heard of that model, do you mean an S?

The "Sport Edition" was a special they did in 2008 i think - had a subtle body kit and a couple of other bits added - may have been a run-out model before the Gen 2 was introduced, but not 100% on that.

Edit - found this article that says what was included - https://www.greatbritishlife.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/22633543.motoring-review---porsche-boxster-sport-editions/

Edited by Mattman42
  • Thanks 1