Template for bootlid 'PORSCHE' text

MAC99V

Long shot, but going to ask anyway......The Boxster is having a machine polish and ceramic coating applied on Monday and with the work going in, considering removing the rear text and going plain 'PORSCHE'. Done a quick search and it appears that the text badge from our local dealer doesn't come with a template. Has anyone made one that could be mailed over for me to print off so i can give it to my detailer for fitting?...

Many thanks, Mark.

Busy now but I guess if you search for the word template you'll find various options or discussions about how to do this, including whether or not to follow the bootlid curve, spacing between the letters, etc. I don't think there's one right way, you have to decide which you prefer. The point is there are optical illusions at play so one can look good and another can be measured perfectly but not both :) 

agreed , thought there may be a quick definitive telling me the best way and making it simplistic for the detailed too install....I'll get searching, cheers...

4 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Looks better de-badged completely IMHO. I did it on my last car and it looked awesome:

20200520_115607

👍

was a consideration i have to admit, but i do prefer the classic text......cheers

3 hours ago, Davey P said:

Looks better de-badged completely IMHO. I did it on my last car and it looked awesome:

20200520_115607

👍

Compliments the car perfectly when it has no roof either.  :stickprod:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Davey P said:

20200520_115607

👍

Going naked gets my vote, but I haven't had the bottle to take my own badges off...  I have made a template with some bits of paper (think along the lines of brass rubbing) so I could remove them and stick them back in the exact same place if it didn't work out.

As I'm considering selling at some point it's probably a stupid idea to do it now though.  Should've done it when I first bought it.

• Haha 1

You didn't ask for an opinion but I will offer my view - I not a fan of the P O R S C H E lettering on any model - if you aren't going to put the original badge back ( or replace with a new (chrome?) one) then go naked.

That's just me and as you know I hold you personally responsible for me having to double dip the 987.2 pool because your car looks so good - so what do I know ......

• Haha 1

My Cayman had no badges on the rear when I bought it,I thought it looked odd so bought some black Porsche lettering from eBay-it came with a template,took a few minutes to apply,was 30 odd quid,still looks great over a year later.much improved the rear aspect of my car in my opinion.

I’ll get a picture tomorrow 

Just to counter @Paul P's opinion I prefer the Porsche lettering so long as it follows the curve of the boot lid.

fVBx34PaQ-KHt_Sme_oy0dwUkb5RxKCZG8WHnjCf

DIfferences of opinion just shows there is no right/wrong way... 

My lettering also came from eBay with a template.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, entdgc said:

Just to counter @Paul P's opinion I prefer the Porsche lettering so long as it follows the curve of the boot lid.

That looks good. The 981 has the lettering and the Boxster logo which looks way to busy for me. Not sure it bothers me so much I'll get around to moving one or t'other, but I suspect for me it will be the letters. As you say no right or wrong on this one. I just love a red Boxster too.

• Like 1

I went against the grain and replaced my Boxster badge with a Matt black one - I also made the spacing a bit closer together and straight as I preferred it that way

a0ie7LC.jpg

you can make your own template before you remove the badge. Seen it done with by the guys that wrap cars - they use masking tape around the original badge to create the squares in which each letter sits and then use that to transfer to the car once wrapped

• Like 2

4 hours ago, entdgc said:

Give you that - as you say - no wrong answer 

8 hours ago, And.rs1800 said:

Mine does-the template was straight,curvature of the boot lid makes it look curved in pictures 

Exactly, that’s my point about optical illusions above. 

Badge removed, ceramic coat next….then ‘text’, sorry paul 😂😂 sold by andrs1800, I like the look, boxster script was to playful a font for me…my sad opinion I know 😳

• Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 3:16 PM, And.rs1800 said:

I was worried the neighbours wouldn’t know I had a Porsche without the lettering on the boot😂😂😂😂

Whenever you talk to them just remember to use the word Car for theirs and Porsche for yours.

• Haha 2