Gutted

bandit_287

Driving to the OPC today for some warranty work to be completed and my beautiful Porsche Boxster black edition was smashed to pieces by a stupid lorry driver who decided to drive into me, the whole side of the drivers car is damaged, all four wheels broken, front bumper, mirrors and suspension damage and loads of other dents and scratches. It was dragged onto a low loader and taken to Copart so it’s unlikely I’ll see it again. 99.9% a right off according to the insurance company but awaiting inspection. I’m absolutely gutted!

Edited by bandit_287
  • Sad 13

14 minutes ago, bandit_287 said:

It’s a non fault accident but I won’t find another Black Boxster in my price range as highly specced as mine, it took years to find one that ticked all the boxes, I’ve never seen one with as many options. 

If it is non fault on your side you should not suffer a loss.  Maybe suggest to the other party you are considering a claims manager to fight your corner.  It will be cheaper for them to find a couple of grand now than after a manager has piled on all his costs too and hired you an equivalent vehicle until settlement.

Still you got out unscathed but not a pleasant thing to happen at all.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Like 1

Glad you are ok. 

Good call.  Look for adverts for similar cars with big spec, and cheaper ones with lesser spec, then insist on an appropriate payout. 

Edited by Menoporsche

Sorry to hear this, it’s always upsetting when someone writes off your pride and joy. The main thing is you are safe.

Was it a PDK or manual mate? I’ll keep an eye out for a new replacement if you’d like 

Sorry to about your accident but as others have said the main thing is you haven't been injured. Do you have legal cover with your policy, they may be able to offer some advice. However I am always a bit sceptical about insurance companies legal protection cover as the wording can be very weak as to whether they would take up a case. I always prefer to take out a seperate legal protection cover with someone independent, such as Driver Guardian for which you only pay one premium covering anything you drive rather than per policy.

14 hours ago, bandit_287 said:

Driving to the OPC today for some warranty work to be completed and my beautiful Porsche Boxster black edition was smashed to pieces by a stupid lorry driver who decided to drive into me, the whole side of the drivers car is damaged, all four wheels broken, front bumper, mirrors and suspension damage and loads of other dents and scratches. It was dragged onto a low loader and taken to Copart so it’s unlikely I’ll see it again. 99.9% a right off according to the insurance company but awaiting inspection. I’m absolutely gutted!

I hope you're OK....  The car can be replaced & tactically upgraded!

• Like 1

Sounds like quite a smash, must've been shaken up.  The best news as others have said, is that you lived to fight another day...and hopefully get yourself into another car before too long if the right spec comes up.

The main downer with the insurance is that regardless of who's to blame they are a bunch of brstds.  I've yet to experience a single incident where no blame has been proved and it doesn't end up costing.  I'm not going to doom my 20+ years NCB but from previous non-fault claims for my wife and daughter, even a stone-chipped windscreen, every time the premium has been loaded up afterwards.  That "risk" cloud follows you around for a bit even if the car was affected whilst you weren't even in it 😒

2 hours ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Sorry to about your accident but as others have said the main thing is you haven't been injured. Do you have legal cover with your policy, they may be able to offer some advice. However I am always a bit sceptical about insurance companies legal protection cover as the wording can be very weak as to whether they would take up a case. I always prefer to take out a seperate legal protection cover with someone independent, such as Driver Guardian for which you only pay one premium covering anything you drive rather than per policy.

Interestingly, as I found out a few years back, the legal cover offered by car insurance companies isn't usually restricted to only motoring related legal issues. You should be able to approach them for advice on any legal issue you are encountering...I did (related to my wife's employer) and they were very helpful (and free).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bandit_287 said:

So sorry to hear this...you could always do a Matt Armstrong, buy it back and repair it? You'd be ££'s in and have your car back (if done properly)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dpg123 said:

So sorry to hear this...you could always do a Matt Armstrong, buy it back and repair it? You'd be ££'s in and have your car back (if done properly)?

#bravepill😱😂

Really sorry to hear this news mate, I'm gutted for you - but as others have said, at least you walked away from it.

My only advice would be do not accept the first offer from your insurance company, regardless of what figure they come back with. Obviously they will try to get you to accept the lowest possible figure, and they will rely on you wanting a settlement in the fastest possible time, that more or less goes without saying. Stand firm, and list everything you've done to enhance your car.

Good luck getting it sorted anyway.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cozzykim said:

Maybe an opportunity to look for a different unicorn car, (well, that's the way I looked at it for three previous wives anyway). 😂

Lorry accident, you say?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Stuff, then: Stand firm, and list everything you've done to enhance your car.

Good luck getting it sorted anyway.

Maybe not mention anything you have done to enhance your POJ that may be interpreted as a mod though...

My son  wrote off his  lovely V8 M3 he had only bought from a dealer months before and he got exactly what he paid for it back, which pleasantly surprised us. So with prices being quite good at the moment you may be ok.  My box, same colour,2013,same Black Sport Technos, less miles,   but better spec, is being sold in bristol OPC for £9k more than i paid 2 years ago ( not my one, another).  Shame about the Headlights 😭. Good luck

Edited by alank
missleading