Porsche Boxster Virgin

Porschevirgin1968

22 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Advert contradicts itself a  bit "This particular 986 is in very good order, lots of recent maintenance and consistent yearly
servicing"

"Full Service History 12 Stamps"

Unless we are living in 2013 that does not add up

but it doesn't drive like a Mazda  🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

but it doesn't drive like a Mazda  🤣

Ahh I did not read the advert properly so I missed that bit of total b*ll*x.... do people really fall for this sort of shyte? Yes, all Boxsters after the 986 are inferior... what a tool

This 986 car is leaps and bounds ahead of the newer models, the new
latest new cars feel like Mazda's

14 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Ahh I did not read the advert properly so I missed that bit of total b*ll*x.... do people really fall for this sort of shyte? Yes, all Boxsters after the 986 are inferior... what a tool

This 986 car is leaps and bounds ahead of the newer models, the new
latest new cars feel like Mazda's

Given it has PSM it too will drive more like teh newer Boxster with Nanny intervening as and when required (unless you switch her off)...

3 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

Advert contradicts itself a  bit "This particular 986 is in very good order, lots of recent maintenance and consistent yearly
servicing"

"Full Service History 12 Stamps"

Unless we are living in 2013 that does not add up

I have a 2003 986 and I'm sure the service book states service intervals of 2 years or mileage schedule ? 

53 minutes ago, smit572 said:

I have a 2003 986 and I'm sure the service book states service intervals of 2 years or mileage schedule ? 

Correct... my point was that the advert says it has been serviced yearly, and then states there are 12 stamps in the book (which would be correct for the intervals but clearly would not cover their previous claim of yearly servicing)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Garage said he had sold it to a woman, providing she can get the finance. Said he would know by Monday.  If she can't get finance he is going to contact me. 

I meant why did you not think it would be looked after?

On 7/29/2023 at 4:36 PM, ½cwt said:

That looks pretty good.  Do you have space for the hard top?  Sell for £500 (silver doesn't get to £750 he claims) and that appears to make a good value buy.  Nice wheels, but costly to refurb.  The hood is an after market with glass screen, not a genuine Porsche 2003 onwards facelift hood retro fitted. Just go through the service history and be prepared to spend several hundred quid on things that might not have been done, if they have, bonus!

Well, it's an OK car, however it's gone 23k since its been serviced last which was 4 years ago. Owner says he has had it serviced but no proof, I'm a billionaire but I've no proof 🤔

This car does not seem to have had much of a life, maybe that's why it needed 12k spending on it. It's the sane car as earlier with very limited MOT details. 

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/results?registration=S99wrc

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266331758171?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=1duyRp6XQuS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=0pqflC2OQg2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

On 7/25/2023 at 9:36 AM, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Well after driving that 987 last night, its definitely a 987, I just need to see if i can get a PPI on the car before I say yes, he was happy for me to arrange that, so doing my homework this morning. If I cannot get it done pretty quick, will have to leave it and look in the Autumn, when car prices may drop. Just phoned Porsche in Nottingham, they do a 111 point inspection for £216, if the condition is good, once you own the car for 90 days they will offer a warranty. 

Lovely looking 986, not what you want though?