Delivery time on BGTS 4.0

daviddurham

thanks @iborguk, I have been without making myself a pest!!!  My freeze date was 4/7 and was told likely delivery September.  Phoned yesterday as I had not heard anything. Now looking like November so 4 months which seemed like a long time. That makes a total of 24months since deposit 🤔.  Was wondering on others experience as I thought things might have speeded up with the production being moved to Osnabrück.

I have just found my VIN number tonight though on the App so at least it is starting to feel like it might really exist soon…

• Like 1

@daviddurham 16 weeks does seem excessive as most seem to be between 10-12 weeks.

There are some issues which can extend this however.

Talking last week to my DP he has unconfirmed rumours of engine shortages at present. They didn't receive any BGTS 4.0 allocations this qtr.

Cars can be stuck at Emden waiting for one part of your specification which is missing. I have been waiting for almost 3 months for a replacement carbon trim for the cup holder, it's still unavailable.

There have been reports of delays at Sheerness (I think that was the port) where the PDI facility is, with staff and delivery capacity to the dealers, which may back up the chain. Apparently they have an initial PDI there before moving to the dealer for final cleaning.

On a positive note, I am sure non of these are impacting your car though, i would get onto your SE and demand better service and information flow and explanations as to why yours has an expected 16 week delivery vs the normal 10 to 12 weeks. Geez we are talking about a nearly 100k car not a Dacia, it frustrates the heck out of me how OPCs treat their clients unless you are one of the chosen few😡😡😡

11 hours ago, daviddurham said:

thanks @iborguk, I have been without making myself a pest!!!  My freeze date was 4/7 and was told likely delivery September.  Phoned yesterday as I had not heard anything. Now looking like November so 4 months which seemed like a long time. That makes a total of 24months since deposit 🤔.  Was wondering on others experience as I thought things might have speeded up with the production being moved to Osnabrück.

I have just found my VIN number tonight though on the App so at least it is starting to feel like it might really exist soon…

@daviddurham Have you seen the photos yet on the app?

3 hours ago, JurassicBGTS said:

@daviddurham Have you seen the photos yet on the app?

No, still just the VIN which has just appeared. I assume therefore that it is not built.  My VIN says it’s an Osnabruck built and I have seen on forums that you only get photos of its Zuffenhausen ! 

Last job was buying cars for a fleet.😉

Ironically Alphabet (owned by BMW) have their PDI depot the other side of the car park hedge to where I work now. I'm always hearing the F*ing car alarms as they don't seem to turn them off, even when on the transporter trailer.

Their storage area is virtually empty now, and those till here won't move now until September so they can get their precious "new registration" statistics.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

no further news on the car from the estimate I had 6/7 weeks ago, which was 3rd November.  It will be here just in time to put it away in the garage unused till March!!!
I have obviously spec’d something that they are struggling with as it is scheduled to be on the customisation production line for best part of a month.

I am away on holiday this coming week and will contact OPC when I get back to see if any of the dates have started populating / changing.

Hope you are still enjoying yours, did you make a decision on your new allocation?

Edited by daviddurham

On 9/17/2023 at 10:38 AM, daviddurham said:

no further news on the car from the estimate I had 6/7 weeks ago, which was 3rd November.  It will be here just in time to put it away in the garage unused till March!!!
I have obviously spec’d something that they are struggling with as it is scheduled to be on the customisation production line for best part of a month.

I am away on holiday this coming week and will contact OPC when I get back to see if any of the dates have started populating / changing.

Hope you are still enjoying yours, did you make a decision on your new allocation?

Sorry for the late reply, but we are also on vacation down in Madeira and internet is almost banned😁

Still loving mine and have lots of trips planned for later this year and into 2024.

I doubt very much if I will take up the new allocation, I have told them to keep pushing it back until late next year, but the reality is, I would spec it exactly the same with the addition of the leather steering column, which would probably mean late 2024 having to hand over a serious chunk of money to swap for something identical which really doesn't make sense.

I may just cancel it and place a deposit with another OPC, so I get another PEC day or switch it to an EV Boxster, so I could try trashing that around the Silverstone track for fun🤔

• 1 month later...

Just seen one of these parked down my street in silver and I can’t believe how ugly it is at the front😱. That huge wide opening beneath the number plate looks odd. Much prefer the muscular look of the 981 GTS. I’ve told the wife to take it off my Christmas list😀

5 hours ago, Nobbie said:

Just seen one of these parked down my street in silver and I can’t believe how ugly it is at the front😱. That huge wide opening beneath the number plate looks odd. Much prefer the muscular look of the 981 GTS. I’ve told the wife to take it off my Christmas list😀

Always happy to oblige....

2022-11-13_09-02-05

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 11:43 AM, Nobbie said:

This was (I assume) to fit in with the generation styling of the 911 which went with similar styling on the 992. It certainly was a backward step in my eyes as well, and on the 911 the Sport Design styling upgrade improved this a great deal (and addressed the ugly rear bumper). I don’t know if a similar Sport Design option is available for the GTS4.0?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Stark9 said:

Porsche West London have a new one for sale as I’m sure other dealers do 

14 brand new 718 4.0 GTS’ for sale at present on Porsche website.

5 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Do they throw in a Taycan at 50% off?

And £10k finance contribution at a gazillion % APR so they get it all back & then some 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 11:43 AM, Nobbie said:

I think if the inner plastic trim was painted body colour & number plate plinth lowered it would look loads better!