Red exclamation on dash

Porschevirgin1968

I have taken my eye off the ball a little here, maybe I should blow the budget and go see this, it's on my doorstep, if it's ligit. It's a stunning looking car. The sellers other items leave a lot to be desired though, might be something else going on behind closed doors 🤣

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175917226757?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Ak7AzzJUTwG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=0pqflC2OQg2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

10 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

I have taken my eye off the ball a little here, maybe I should blow the budget and go see this, it's on my doorstep, if it's ligit. It's a stunning looking car. The sellers other items leave a lot to be desired though, might be something else going on behind closed doors 🤣

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175917226757?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Ak7AzzJUTwG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=0pqflC2OQg2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I'm always wary of "finance will be cleared from sale proceeds"....

And I'd need the reg to check its history...

Has the roof cover closed properly on the open roof shots?

Edited by greenman986s

5 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

That bumper looks a different shade to the rest of the car

The seat middles are non-standard so they have been changed for some reason

Needs more Porsche badges - not sure its clear enough what is being driven :)

Definite poor colour match on bumper.  What damage is underneath it??

11 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Definite poor colour match on bumper.  What damage is underneath it??

3 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

Your attention to detail guys is incredible. I'm still learning but it's sinking in, I think. 👍 

To be fair, it could just be a road rash respray too...

4 hours ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

How can I ask if anyone lives near Kent, could go view a car for me and give me feedback, advert says its got a clock in the middle, garage don't seem to have much idea it's got sports chrono fitted 🤔

Kent's a big county.  It takes me the best part of an hour to get from one side to the other on fast roads.

Ping me a message with the car details if you like. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

The badges on the headrests look shyte.  There was a bloke here once, who thought that look was good too.  Lloyd someone IIRC.

Also, the Clamshell doesn't close properly on the roof when down.  Could be a 5 minute free fix or it could be a whole lot more bother.

6 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

@Paul P and @Araf are down that way... sure there are many others too :)

Its not uncommon for Garages (or auction houses) to not know what the options are

@Paul P and @moospeed are in the right area for the car. :) 

4 hours ago, moospeed said:

Where is it? Is there an advert link?

I’m not overly familiar with pre-981. Up the budget :lol:

I think that one is off the table now but if not, the OP can PM you. :)

On 9/26/2023 at 12:16 PM, Porschevirgin1968 said:

....have you looked at their other items for sale.............!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, skoosh1970 said:

....have you looked at their other items for sale.............!!!!!!!!

Kind of proves it is a genuine private sale.  Why open a new ebay account just to sell a car if the other half (I assume) has an account already?