My old man has just bought a 986 for £500

bally4563

Not seen it just texted me not sure if it’s a runner 2.7 but if it’s not I’ve told him via text that the sum value alone if we pull it apart it’s going generate a significant return in 500 outlay, will keep you all posted on what it is like…..but regardless 500 for a Boxster !!?

• Like 2

Are the PS lines any good?

Cheers, Baggers.

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

swarf was found in the oil

Cigar swarf?

Cheers, Baggers.

Bargain basement price. A guy on Facebook bought a 2.7 03 facelift with a good running engine but very bruised bodywork for £350. That was cheaper than chips. Seeing as I paid him £370 for the steering wheel with airbag, seat belts and gear selector. 😂
Hope it works out for him. 🤙🏻

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

@K.I.T.T. your experience seen a engine 120 k 986.22 off an auto ( good thing no over revving ) 1450 bag plus delivery 

They're different.

Pre facelift = variocam, post facelift = variocam+

The ECUs are different (IE the actual ECU, not the tune), and the wiring is also different.

PITA to swap over between 986.1 and 986.2.

4 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

They're different.

Pre facelift = variocam, post facelift = variocam+

The ECUs are different (IE the actual ECU, not the tune), and the wiring is also different.

PITA to swap over between 986.1 and 986.2.

Thanks Ash I thought as much just nice to have it confirmed, this one he’s bought is a V reg, which I think is pre face lift

If it's V reg and isn't a personalised plate, it will be pre facelift for sure - a really early one '99.

Does it have manual boot release handles by the drivers sill?

the 22 was fitted -00 to -02 model years.  23 for -03 on wards.  A V plate will be an 00 model year so very much pre-face lift.

Electric releases are from -01 onwards.

Edited by ½cwt

8 hours ago, ½cwt said:

the 22 was fitted -00 to -02 model years.  23 for -03 on wards.  A V plate will be an 00 model year so very much pre-face lift.

Electric releases are from -01 onwards.

So what you saying if it’s earlier  as in a 99 what is the engine stamped as and or will a .22 be ok ?

3 hours ago, bally4563 said:

So what you saying if it’s earlier  as in a 99 what is the engine stamped as and or will a .22 be ok ?

If it is a 2.7 they only started in the 2000 model year from Aug 1999 build dates onwards.  Download the parts cat from the Porsche website.  It has all the details in the 'V Pages'  of what engines and gearboxes went into which models and the relevant chassis, engine and gearbox serial numbers and what format they take to identify type by type and model year by model year.

Use the drop down menu on this link:

Porsche Classic Genuine Parts Catalogue - Porsche Great Britain

Edited by ½cwt
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

First pic

First pic looks ok for 500 bag

In fact it looks very good, going around tomorrow seal it all up and then get it towed around to the old man’s looks to be artic silver / blue roof