Precision Porsche Fire

McDonald

I went to Guildford Porsche today to pick up a roof switch. I was hoping to have a wander around some cars I couldn't afford but they're having a full rebuild so are working out of some (fancy) prefabs....annoying.

13 hours ago, Paul P said:

Read on another forum that they had lost some customer cars in the fire. 

They sent a letter to all customers and it mentions cars damaged and destroyed. Terrible for everyone. There will also be the various tools and parts they have accumulated over 14 years. The building is also attached to a sister company, a body and paint shop. Hard to imagine that was not affected but the office and toilets are in between.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TV8 said:

They sent a letter to all customers and it mentions cars damaged and destroyed. Terrible for everyone. There will also be the various tools and parts they have accumulated over 14 years. The building is also attached to a sister company, a body and paint shop. Hard to imagine that was not affected but the office and toilets are in between.

If I understand correctly, the fire began with an electric car.

1 hour ago, McDonald said:

Don't you start that!!! 

Everyone loves to blame an electric car lol.  I hope it wasn't and this is probably more anti-EV propaganda.

"The fire is believed to have started in the roof of the building."

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16175915.fire-crews-battle-blaze-paragon-porsche-showroom-five-ashes/

33 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

Don't you start that!!! 

Everyone loves to blame an electric car lol.  I hope it wasn't and this is probably more anti-EV propaganda.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16175915.fire-crews-battle-blaze-paragon-porsche-showroom-five-ashes/

Yeah - the Taycan was on the roof.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

Don't you start that!!! 

A different company. I was referring to Precision Porsche. Photos taken on my last visit.

XnVRpRZ.jpg

xbN89vg.jpg

3 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

Don't you start that!!! 

5 years ago???

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Drrncour said:

Yeah such a shame for them but at least everyone was ok.  I was booked in with them for some suspension work, which I’ll rebook when they are up and running again. 

They're already relocated in Ringmer, BN8 5SY. email & contact numbers remain the same.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McDonald said:

I don’t know any details how it started. Where did you get that “understanding” from please?

9 hours ago, TV8 said:

I don’t know any details how it started. Where did you get that “understanding” from please?

I now think it's unfounded. I read it on another forum but there's no supporting evidence.

17 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

Don't you start that!!! 

EV's,,,,,,,,,

Guilty until absolutely, positively and unequivocally proven innocent.

Unless it was an EV drive-by arsonist  :laugh:

18 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

Don't you start that!!! 

Great that people check the story but not the date :) 2018...

38 minutes ago, TV8 said:

Great that people check the story but not the date :) 2018...

I put 1 and 1 together and got 3.  Didn't think there could be two Porsche fires in Sussex, also was relying, stupidly, on Google proving me with the info I had asked for.

Is it me or is Google mostly useless now, over crowded with old and outdated information or ads.  There used to be a time when just using a little skill you could find anything, now it's just a shyate show.

6 hours ago, Daboy3000 said:

Is it me or is Google mostly useless now, over crowded with old and outdated information or ads.  There used to be a time when just using a little skill you could find anything, now it's just a shyate show.

Looking up information on Google is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant  :(

Try looking for dog-friendly hotels/restaurants I can guarantee the first umpteen you call will say "sorry no dogs".

That’s really bad for them.

Theres a tech from Precision who posts regularly on 911uk & offers loads of insight & advice for Pork owners. They seem like a really good outfit & I hope they get themselves sorted after this set back.

41 minutes ago, Boxstercol said:

That’s really bad for them.

Theres a tech from Precision who posts regularly on 911uk & offers loads of insight & advice for Pork owners. They seem like a really good outfit & I hope they get themselves sorted after this set back.

They've done all my servicing, a very good outfit. I'll go along and check out their new facility sometime soon. 

I'd have been heartbroken if my car had been caught in the fire, but tougher still if it's your business that goes up in flames. It must be an insurance nightmare.

13 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

Theres a tech from Precision who posts regularly on 911uk & offers loads of insight & advice for Pork owners.

That is Iain with the forum handle DeMort. Such a fantastic and lovely genuine bloke who is so helpful and can chat for England. When I got my 911 it had a random warning light problem that the law of sod dictated never happened when it was anywhere near anyone with a PWIS or whatever the Porsche system is called. He sent me a lot of info and was like a remote tech support for me via his personal email. 

Yep DeMort on 911uk is seriously helpful.  Hope Precision get sorted out OK.

Having been in the flood and fire recovery sector, a good insurer and loss adjuster are invaluable in these circumstances.  We assisted a number of businesses with temporary of even permanent relocation following a loss, as well as decontamination of smoke or water affected electronics, plant and equipment (not cars though) so custom, long lead time, discontinued or irreplaceable things could go back into service.