Service PDK gearbox

bally4563

On 1/8/2024 at 10:54 PM, Nobbie said:

Any reason you didn’t get them from Porsch Wilmslow? I thought the OEM only stuff was cheaper there?

No but for reference it could be worth getting a quote to help other Peeps who want to do their own service

3 hours ago, ATM said:

I popped into Wilmslow OPC last week for some bits for my 996. The guy did confirm 15% off due to classic status. 

Interesting to know! The 15% is only supposed to apply to parts fitted by OPC. I'll have to try asking Bournemouth next time I need something from them. I has assumed I'd only get the usual 10% PCGB discount. 

53 minutes ago, red rocket said:

Interesting to know! The 15% is only supposed to apply to parts fitted by OPC. I'll have to try asking Bournemouth next time I need something from them. I has assumed I'd only get the usual 10% PCGB discount. 

Local opc we’re giving 15% over the counter for classic register status but have been told to stop doing it by the mothership apparently.  (According to the parts manager).  

i will continue to ask but I suspect I won’t always win. 

5 hours ago, Paul P said:

Local opc we’re giving 15% over the counter for classic register status but have been told to stop doing it by the mothership apparently.  (According to the parts manager).  

i will continue to ask but I suspect I won’t always win. 

Go to Wilmslow 

2 minutes ago, ATM said:

Go to Wilmslow 

But equally with the discount I would be surprised if they can beat the deal I had from D911 , admittedly they did feck the order up though. Brucie  bonus !! 

1 minute ago, bally4563 said:

But equally with the discount I would be surprised if they can beat the deal I had from D911 , admittedly they did feck the order up though. Brucie  bonus !! 

Were the D911 parts Porsche Original Equipment ?

9 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Were the D911 parts Porsche Original Equipment ?

No idea it was Porsche spec fluids and I ended up with the aluminium motor sport sump/filter , instead of the plastic one. As mentioned previously in older threads , I was charged initially 270 for what I thought I ordered, which was wrong , sump pan on its own is 340 …..win win

Had everything that I needed for 270 and they organised a courier to take back what was wrong , can’t fault that for service

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Yes I can do that for you ,but are you based?

If you want just want both fluids changed , price is not so bad , but to do the job properly the gearbox sump needs to be replaced as it has a built in filter, so realistically all the materials are circa £ 480 - £500 and I would want £ 150 for doing it,just giving you the heads up , all fluids all in and my time you would be looking at £250 ish 

42 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

If you want just want both fluids changed , price is not so bad , but to do the job properly the gearbox sump needs to be replaced as it has a built in filter, so realistically all the materials are circa £ 480 - £500 and I would want £ 150 for doing it,just giving you the heads up , all fluids all in and my time you would be looking at £250 ish 

And the above top line price would be with the aluminium motor sport upgrade sump pan instead of the standard plastic sump pan

12 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

Just the other side of Uttoxeter from you.

I'd love to do it myself, but I only have a grass driveway and no garage or shelter. 🤕

I can send you a link on what parts you need to order, come over to mine and I can do it , you can assist if you want , but I would still want £150 for doing it 

Mick

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

I can send you a link on what parts you need to order, come over to mine and I can do it , you can assist if you want , but I would still want £150 for doing it 

Mick

Of course, and it's more than worth it to be involved in the process, look at the old oil etc. 👍

Do you have a lift, and under cover, and/or is it best to wait until better weather, (I'm not in a great hurry)? 😁

12 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

Of course, and it's more than worth it to be involved in the process, look at the old oil etc. 👍

Do you have a lift, and under cover, and/or is it best to wait until better weather, (I'm not in a great hurry)? 😁

In my garage, where all the magic happens!! Only need to get back end off the floor support on axle stands and a jacks either side on the front to level up, I’m busy anyway with cars the next three weekends , so best thing for you is to get the materials and then I can give you a date, I can stamp your book but meaningless as I’m not a buisness, just a qualified engineer that’s been working on all types of cars for circa 50 years!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2024 at 2:54 PM, andygo said:

I had mine done at Autofarm a little while ago on a previoius Cayman:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JBoo3cQundefined.jpg[/img]

Sorry about the invoice jpg not showing directly from imgur..  Anyway, it was £402 inc for oils and new bungs.

That’s pretty good value for that work. £190 for labour and £140 fluids and bungs. 👍👍👏