Design tek pse

bally4563

For those who like a loud exhaust, I question the logic of buying any switchable one. Could just get Carnewal. 
For those who want switchable eg to not annoy the neighbours at 6am, it would be great to compare the different options. 

59 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

What the thoughts regarding this as aftermarket replacement?

Love mine!

52 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

For those who like a loud exhaust, I question the logic of buying any switchable one. Could just get Carnewal. 
For those who want switchable eg to not annoy the neighbours at 6am, it would be great to compare the different options. 

You're getting a brand new exhaust. A carnewal is just an expensive modification to an old exhaust. That was my thinking

Fair. I'm just thinking of the various comments I've heard about complexity of installation of the switches and at least the Porsche version failing, multiple times.

It's the vacuum actuators which are the weak point, on the Porsche PSE,  lube 'em and use 'em.

If you can live with the cost and the lead time to get hold of one I'd go Porsche PSE on that shiny 981...

Edited by iborguk

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Mine will annoy the neighbours 'off' and don't forget about a cold start too

5 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Devil's advocate to my last post @Stuart21UK recently went aftermarket on his and seems pleased with the outcome.

Yep love it (Topgear) and tbh I've had 2 PSE exhausts on my car in the 10 years I've owned it and 60k odd miles.....PSE is good but isn't exactly reliable and it's not just the actuators I've had problems with

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, iborguk said:

It's the vacuum actuators which are the weak point, on the Porsche PSE,  lube 'em and use 'em.

If you can live with the cost and the lead time to get hold of one I'd go Porsche PSE on that shiny 981...

Lead time is the big thing surely?  I've been told "end of this month" every month since September and I'd read that they had been on back order for up to a year before that.

PSE isn't really an option is they can't supply one.

So non available still? what are you meant to do if you need a new PSE and you would like to keep the Porsche warranty? They can't supply a new part under warranty, so what happens then?

Edited by andygo

Gave up waiting for a replacement PSE system from Porsche.  My valves had both stuck closed, despite being used almost every day.

i also went with a valved TopGear system - I've had multiple issues with their vacuum actuators leaking the vacuum (brings up a coolant error on the dash) 

Even a warranty replacement fitted in November now needs replacing !

The top gear is slightly louder than a PSE in quiet mode, and significantly more so in "sports mode" 

Cold starts may be an issue if your neighbours like to complain as the initial bark will make you jump.  However most neigbours like to complain and forget their own short comings.

5 minutes ago, Patt said:

If I were to order a new car, I would do the same.

If you listen to the sound track on his website, sounds just about right IMHO

I can get the design tec nearly brand new for 500 bag collected from up north , then I would need the Bluetooth switching around 150 bag, or go Carnewal all in with all the gaskets, delivery/ return for similar money , plus I would if I go with DTec would have to purchase gaskets etc

Much better than a standard system, I would be sorting out the switch for the re-map as the extra pops n bangs make even my Old Fart chuckle like a kid.

On the 986 platform the Carnewall was just the same as the PSE, without the extra pipework.

Actually I'd prob be more tempted to go Carnewall manifolds that the silencers, in the hope or releasing a few ponies too.

20 minutes ago, Patt said:

Much better than a standard system, I would be sorting out the switch for the re-map as the extra pops n bangs make even my Old Fart chuckle like a kid.

On the 986 platform the Carnewall was just the same as the PSE, without the extra pipework.

Actually I'd prob be more tempted to go Carnewall manifolds that the silencers, in the hope or releasing a few ponies too.

I’ve tried to copy the Carnewal gt sound track on here but having no joy 😡

5 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Always liked the sound of the Carnewal I put on my 987.

Presume you will be fitting it yourself Mick?

Of course 👍

@CliveHfitted a Carnewal to his (987 BE) and it sounded really good. I think it's a good sweet spot of not being too over the top but giving the driver a nice sound track which is in my mind what is most important.