Fifth Gear looking for a 987S for new series

944GS

interesting, i have a 987S, and i'm warwickshire based... and lets be honest, Vicki Butler-Henderson featured heavily in my thoughts when i was a bit younger...

but alas, i should probably be working that monday...

Well, I'm already taking the Wednesday off to go to Snetterton...

Besides, they probably wouldn't want my 987S... got non standard tyres, brakes and exhaust on now, they'd probably want a more standard example...

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

That rules out Bike Loon then. 

Why? All the things on mine are factory options, not added after :P

Not my sort of thing though unless it was within 10 miles of me lol

C'mon guys keep the Boxster record going. My car 987.1 2.7l was voted, in 2018, the best sportscar under £8k on Fifth Gear because "the driving involvement is just perfect".

The £8k bit was a bit of TV exaggeration as mine was £10k and the Z4M was much more than that (and was a garage queen).

Fifth Gear VBH Boxster 987 v MercSLK200 v BMWZ4M 

• Like 1

I have pinged them an email.  If they bitw I will use it as an excuse for a day out and (another) experience I point have had without the car.  

5 minutes ago, Bradders59 said:

Would you really want Tiffany Dell or Jason Plato ragging your car to the redline and smoking the tyres sideways in the bends for a TV programme ?

No. 

But  it would be part of the agreement or it wouldn’t go ahead for me.  

Don’t think I have ever seen them do that on similar pieces they have done with privately owned cars.  

7 minutes ago, Bradders59 said:

Would you really want Tiffany Dell or Jason Plato ragging your car to the redline and smoking the tyres sideways in the bends for a TV programme ?

VBH didn't rag mine at all, watch the video. All the filming was done on public road and more or less within sight/earshot of the venue (Hayes Motor Museum, Yeovil).

15 hours ago, Chigley said:

C'mon guys keep the Boxster record going. My car 987.1 2.7l was voted, in 2018, the best sportscar under £8k on Fifth Gear because "the driving involvement is just perfect".

The £8k bit was a bit of TV exaggeration as mine was £10k and the Z4M was much more than that (and was a garage queen).

Fifth Gear VBH Boxster 987 v MercSLK200 v BMWZ4M 

Yes, great the Boxster won but that is typical 5th Gear pants video - almost useless if you actually are interested in any of those cars but I guess it's entertainment and not for serious advice. I feel sorry for anyone who watched that and then jumped on Auto Trader, wallet at the ready... 🙂 

I paid £8.5k for my 987 last Oct (although an S) so I doubt it was anywhere near £8k, 6 years ago 😮 . Even the £10k you paid sounds very good...

16 hours ago, Bradders59 said:

I have no problem with VBH ragging me until I smoke.

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2024 at 11:37 PM, Chigley said:

VBH didn't rag mine at all, watch the video. All the filming was done on public road and more or less within sight/earshot of the venue (Hayes Motor Museum, Yeovil).

Is the drivers seat for sale?  asking for a friend.....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Is the drivers seat for sale?  asking for a friend.....

Arrrrh gross!!!! You want to buy a seat that a pensioners sweaty bum has been planted on for six years. 

Takes all types :) :) :) 

I hope it doesn't end up in a bun fight oh here like the Wheeler Dealers escapade a few years back.

That Ollie from Attaboy was a wrong'un and no mistake  :laugh: 

At least one member on here threw his toys out of his pram when his car wasn't chosen  :laugh:

2 hours ago, EXY said:

I hope it doesn't end up in a bun fight oh here like the Wheeler Dealers escapade a few years back.

That Ollie from Attaboy was a wrong'un and no mistake  :laugh: 

At least one member on here threw his toys out of his pram when his car wasn't chosen  :laugh:

Do tell...?

Surely getting chosen for Wheeler Dealers is a bad thing? Means you've got a wreck...

Any idea if they are still looking for a car? Happy to lend mine.

19 hours ago, nelmo said:

Do tell...?

Surely getting chosen for Wheeler Dealers is a bad thing? Means you've got a wreck...

I think it's too old to show in a search (attaboy) as this is all that shows up, for me at least;

It was all a tad convenient, fella turned up out of the blue with a non-runner. A few guys @Paul O offered to buy it as a winter project IIRC then Ollie from Attaboy showed up looking for a Boxster and despite offering less than our members the new fella sold to WD.

IIRC WD wanted another Boxster as a comparison and a few of the guys on here volunteered their cars with one waiting in all day for a call that never materialised, then he got grumpy  :laugh:

There was a link to the juicy bits not shown on TV showing just how duplicitous the whole media circus is and what a grinning clown/mouthpiece Mike Brewer is. 

Perhaps one of the Mods can perform a more thorough search.

3 hours ago, Jon61 said:

It looks like Ollie may have 'sanitised' his presence on here:

https://www.BoXa.net/profile/24999-ollie-attaboy-tv/content/

(The forum equivalent of Enron's method of 'Triple Entry Bookkeeping': Debit, Credit & Shreddit :))

Well found that man :worship:  led me to these;

And this one,,,, (bit worried about the state my memory is in though  :laugh:

Edited by EXY
Last addition