Coding cruise control.

paulguitar

52 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Be interesting to see if they come back and if so what MLR would want to fire up there PIWIS

Personally I would want any Indy that took on “coding it” to finish the job. Especially since it seems that people have been a bit misled on what was required.  

by the time the bits have been sourced second hand and fitted and then coding and the 100 euros for the activation it starts to look like 400 to 500 quid all in at an opc is comparable in price.  

I used codes-porsche when I was doing cruise retrofits (pre-war). He is based in Moscow. There is a specific routine for entering the activation code, and coding all the relevant modules. Make sure they know it before they start, otherwise you'll be disappointed. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Maybe they aer in Ukraine :(

That’s actually a real possibility.  There maybe other sources of course but this seems to be the peril of “internet says cheapest” 

probably worth a note of caution to do your own research and see what the community suggests.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul P said:

Personally I would want any Indy that took on “coding it” to finish the job. Especially since it seems that people have been a bit misled on what was required.  

by the time the bits have been sourced second hand and fitted and then coding and the 100 euros for the activation it starts to look like 400 to 500 quid all in at an opc is comparable in price.  

Porsche Chester quoted me £780 all in. 

26 minutes ago, paulguitar said:

Porsche Chester quoted me £780 all in. 

Guess once someone goes through the alternative process and gets a working setup then that will be a baseline.  But I note @bally4563 challenge with 2nd hand parts and the skills involved in making good. 

my “guesstimates”’ were based on what people actually paid a few years ago.  seems like things have moved on cost wise  but the process and the parts / Codes / tools / skills are the same. 

10 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

I have his mobile number if you want to message him. Drop me a PM if you want it. 

I have contacted him via WhatsApp and he says he is still doing codes. I am waiting to hear back with more info.

In the meantime, Richard, can you please elaborate a bit on what you said 'there is a specific routine for entering the activation code, and coding all the relevant modules. Make sure they know it before they start, otherwise you'll be disappointed.'

Is this a procedure I need to know to give to the person using the PIWIS?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, paulguitar said:

I have contacted him via WhatsApp and he says he is still doing codes. I am waiting to hear back with more info.

In the meantime, Richard, can you please elaborate a bit on what you said 'there is a specific routine for entering the activation code, and coding all the relevant modules. Make sure they know it before they start, otherwise you'll be disappointed.'

Is this a procedure I need to know to give to the person using the PIWIS?

Thanks in advance.

Keep me in the loop on this please 

23 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Keep me in the loop on this please 

Here is my WhatsApp exchange with him:

[07:46, 18/04/2024] Paul: Hi. Do you still do activation codes for Porsche?
[08:01, 18/04/2024] Sergey: Hello
[08:01, 18/04/2024] Sergey: Yes I am
[08:07, 18/04/2024] Paul: I made an enquiry through your website yesterday.
[08:36, 18/04/2024] Sergey: We have no website
[08:39, 18/04/2024] Paul: Oh, okay. How does your procedure work and what would be the charge for getting an activation code for cruise control on the car with VIN WP0ZZ******* Thanks.
[08:40, 18/04/2024] Sergey: 100$
PayPal
[08:44, 18/04/2024] Paul: Okay. What's the procedure, and how do I know it will work?
[08:45, 18/04/2024] Sergey: All my code are 100% working

I called MLR and all they need is the activation number. So I now have to decide whether to take a chance and send this complete stranger $100!.

Just now, paulguitar said:

Here is my WhatsApp exchange with him:

[07:46, 18/04/2024] Paul: Hi. Do you still do activation codes for Porsche?
[08:01, 18/04/2024] Sergey: Hello
[08:01, 18/04/2024] Sergey: Yes I am
[08:07, 18/04/2024] Paul: I made an enquiry through your website yesterday.
[08:36, 18/04/2024] Sergey: We have no website
[08:39, 18/04/2024] Paul: Oh, okay. How does your procedure work and what would be the charge for getting an activation code for cruise control on the car with VIN WP0ZZ******* Thanks.
[08:40, 18/04/2024] Sergey: 100$
PayPal
[08:44, 18/04/2024] Paul: Okay. What's the procedure, and how do I know it will work?
[08:45, 18/04/2024] Sergey: All my code are 100% working

I called MLR and all they need is the activation number. So I now have to decide whether to take a chance and send this complete stranger $100!.

And are PayPal allowing payments to Russia ?

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Richard Hamilton said:

In the past, I have bought probably 20+ codes from him and never had any problems. 

As for the procedure, I'm reluctant to pass on my hard earned knowledge to a company who are going to charge you to use it!  

That's good to know about the codes.

Reece at MLR sounds confident that all he needs is the activation code and it will be set up.

Once the code is obtained, is there a time limit to use it? 

Edited by paulguitar

3 hours ago, paulguitar said:

Reece at MLR sounds confident that all he needs is the activation code and it will be set up.

If only.  It isn't as simple as just entering the activation code.

Get him to download the relevant Technical Bulletin from PCSS.  That shows the coding process.

On the tequipment listing on the Porsche website it quotes fully fitted “from” £370 inc vat.  Whilst “from” gives them some wiggle room I would be asking the opc who quotes £730 to explain the delta.  

24 minutes ago, Paul P said:

On the tequipment listing on the Porsche website it quotes fully fitted “from” £370 inc vat.  Whilst “from” gives them some wiggle room I would be asking the opc who quotes £730 to explain the delta.  

I had a quote a couple of years back for the fitment of PSE at my local OPC who quoted more than was quoted in Tequipment. Once I brought this to their attention they honoured the price. So definitely worth bringing it to their attention 

1 hour ago, Ringmaster999 said:

I had a quote a couple of years back for the fitment of PSE at my local OPC who quoted more than was quoted in Tequipment. Once I brought this to their attention they honoured the price. So definitely worth bringing it to their attention 

That’s good to know.  And worth a conversation for sure.  

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

That’s good to know.  And worth a conversation for sure.  

I have a quote in writing. It’s £410 for the part plus the labour. They won’t use the part I have. 

waiting for 9Apart to get back to me, they think they may be able to get a code for the part they supplied. 

4 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

If only.  It isn't as simple as just entering the activation code.

Get him to download the relevant Technical Bulletin from PCSS.  That shows the coding process.

I think he’s basically done everything bar inputting the activation code.