Body Shop suggestions?

Sword

I'm looking for a body shop to paint bumpers/bonnet and front wings. 

I'm based in Surrey but prepared to travel if needed for the work

So far I have spoken to 5 body shops and none have got back to me. I guess they aren't interested in my business!

Any suggestions gratefully received

Cheers

Autobody Technic Ltd in Langley. Ask for Bob and tell him Kam sent you. 

Deseronto Trading Estate
St Marys RoadLangley
Berkshire
SL3 7EW
United Kingdom

01753 592345

They only deal with prestige vehicles. He did my rear bumper when first purchased 6 years ago.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sword said:

I'm looking for a body shop to paint bumpers/bonnet and front wings. 

I'm based in Surrey but prepared to travel if needed for the work

So far I have spoken to 5 body shops and none have got back to me. I guess they aren't interested in my business!

Any suggestions gratefully received

Cheers

What part of Surrey?

Autocraft Bisley / West End. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ninesomething said:

Guy at Dove House put me onto a couple of places. Both wanted more than £2500 for bumper and bonnet. No damage just chips. 😱

Think I'll leave it.

But Dove House do also deal with Maserati, Ferrari and classic 911 customers to whom that is a reasonable figure.

Not useful to OP, but @Ninesomething go see Tim and Paint FX just of Stamford Road behind Kwik Fit if you still need it done locally.  Bonnet, bumper and wing respray on The Much Better ½'s Golf with some minor repairs, £880 incl VAT earlier this year, turned round in a week.  He's done both my 986 bumpers for under £300 incl VAT each in the last 4 years but I did take them to him stripped off the car and of all accessories ready for them to prep.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

But Dove House do also deal with Maserati, Ferrari and classic 911 customers to whom that is a reasonable figure.

Not useful to OP, but @Ninesomething go see Tim and Paint FX just of Stamford Road behind Kwik Fit if you still need it done locally.  Bonnet, bumper and wing respray on The Much Better ½'s Golf with some minor repairs, £880 incl VAT earlier this year, turned round in a week.  He's done both my 986 bumpers for under £300 incl VAT each in the last 4 years but I did take them to him stripped off the car and of all accessories ready for them to prep.

The guy at DH knows what my car is and he told me they'd done loads of Boxster front bumpers for them. Can't believe they can spend that sort of money on a car they're going to retail.

Anyway thanks for the tip - I take it you were happy with the job?

4 hours ago, Ninesomething said:

The guy at DH knows what my car is and he told me they'd done loads of Boxster front bumpers for them. Can't believe they can spend that sort of money on a car they're going to retail.

Anyway thanks for the tip - I take it you were happy with the job?

All three jobs have been good.  He's a restorer/custom paint shop, not an accident repair centre so it is craftsmanship even if the premises look shabby.  You can pop buy and look over the work he's done if you wish.

Quoted £3k at one place and told "but the stone chips will show through the paint" as apparently they can't get rid of them all🤣

yeh sure, thanks, bye.....

Just now, Sword said:

Quoted £3k at one place and told "but the stone chips will show through the paint" as apparently they can't get rid of them all🤣

yeh sure, thanks, bye.....

Next !

• Haha 1