Paul O's 5 Great Years with a Gen1 Cayenne!

Paul O

Whoop! We've gone for an ancient 3.2 Cayenne to add to the stable. Another car on my "to own" list ticked off.Looks like this one from t'internet:

http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Fullsize/porsche/cayenne/4-5-s-5d-auto-340-bhp/porsche-cayenne-4-5-s-5d-auto-340-bhp-148500217-1.jpg

Assuming it's not a scam and I'm about to be fleeced out of my hard earned, I'll have it on Sunday.

Gone balls deep on this one. Saw it, kicked the tyres, stroked the leather, bought it. Fek it, be a laugh. :D

Boot is massive, badge is awesome, auto is relaxing. Let's see how it goes!! :rocks:

Edited by Paul O
  • Like 1

Thanks for the pic Gutley.

meno - yep, the boot is pretty small in the evoque - once a pushchair is in there, their ain't much room :)

Noob56 - just under £7k. Spec, not sure what's standard off hand, but basically leather, nav, phone, a wing and a prayer. :D

Mike - dunno really, fancied one for a while and they are cheap cheap these days. If it doesn't fall apart in the first few weeks, will probably sell the evoque to get some equity out. Possibly go sports car shopping then later on the year too, but dunno yet. Aiming to smash the mortgage a bit this year, so the Cayenne is a bit of a gamble - it requires little outlay, no finance and as a household we only do 10k miles a year now at most, so won't be mega expensive to run. Offset that with Porsche reliability (shyate) and Porsche repair tax (expensive) and this could be the best - or the worst - financial decision yet.

But either way, it'll be interesting!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Coxey said:

I'd been interested on what you feel about the car as I have been looking for a while for the wife.

Ive been toying with the idea of buying one of these petrol guzzling beasts too,  petrol is so cheap at the mo it would be rude not too.

Not sure if i'd prefer a RR L322 over a Cayenne though....

Paul - you did make me smile with the comment about Porsche reliability :-) you are entering into this little adventure with the right attitude though - top thread !!

• Like 1

The fuel economy is definitely not for the faint hearted, we've got the 4.5 V8 and around twon we get about 13 mpg 

Having said that, they are lovely cars to drive and if you don't do a lot of miles every year then you won't quite need shares in either BP or Esso !!!!

29 minutes ago, Simon said:

Good stuff, what's that orange car behind it?

S

For some reason, I think it's a Spyker C8. Could it be? :unsure:

It's here! Hurrah! 50 miles in, and nothing has fallen off. In a Porsche, I consider this a positive! :D

Will post full write up later with a few snaps. Well pleased. Due a service, will sort that next week and hopefully if it's as good underneath this will be our 2016 toy. Oh yes.

so far, love it. So comfy, so much car for the money. :rocks:

On 29 January 2016 at 9:28 PM, boxsternoob56 said:

someone one said (David Yorkshire?) that if you are going to get a petrol Cayenne then buy an old Turbo as you may as well have fun doing 16 mpg in that compared to a more frugal model doing 18mpg!

bloody great value these cars;

Most of the common issues are known about and fixable - some cheap, some not so.

I managed just over 19mpg on my turbo over many miles (60 k i think) - which aint bad at all. And it sure was fun ; this car could keep up with my 996 GT3 easily 

chopped it in for a hybrid... which was nice

We're looking again at KN's as the family is growing and we're going to need more space than the WRX STi has 

hope you enjoy it - and don't believe it when you get told 'its no good off road' - its b*ll*cks - they are brilliant !