Yowzzzerrr £22K 1999 low miles

Boxbrownie

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607135812897?search-target=usedcars&make=porsche&model=boxster&price-to=22500&radius=1501&page=1&sort=pricedesc&postcode=pl131lf&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=5

Looking for our Boxster came across this little thing today, new in AT.....not for us by a mile but that price? Ouch!

I know it's worth it if somebody wants it, but does anyone at that price? :blink:

It looks like a motor museum piece and the hard top looks ace. As they say the market will determine the value.

That's just funny money, and could only ever make sense to buy if you were never going to drive it (and even then I don't think it comes to close to making sense, personally).

Just been serviced at an OPC ... perhaps that's where the sales price has come from - they're trying to recoup 17 years worth of OPC bills! :)

(Interesting that they chose to "round down" the mileage to 4,500 miles when it's quite clearly done over 4,800 - did they think that sounded a bit high?)

I don't really see the appeal, maybe an original 1997 in classic silver and red might be worth collecting with low mileage, but this doesn't seem to hit the spot.

Agree entirely, had it been one of the first with that mileage and condition then maybe yes, but it's just a mid production garage queen been shown the light.

Anyone else think it looks a bit like a bar of soap?  I Don't think white suits the 986 terribly well, and the blue roof is a strange choice (unless you're Nigel Farrage!) 

I wonder how those 4,800 miles were accumulated over its 17 year life?  That averages fewer than six miles a week!  I'm not sure which would be worse; lots of really short trips or long periods of inactivity between very occasional decent runs (the former, I would guess).  At this low mileage 

This car might make a good museum exhibit, but use it on the road and it will shed value at an alarming rate as it loses its USP.  I'd spend the money on a really good 987.2.

2 hours ago, Jon61 said:

Just been serviced at an OPC ... perhaps that's where the sales price has come from - they're trying to recoup 17 years worth of OPC bills! :)

(Interesting that they chose to "round down" the mileage to 4,500 miles when it's quite clearly done over 4,800 - did they think that sounded a bit high?)

The advert was written before the OPC service. Technicians ragged it for 300miles over the weekend ;)

22 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

Covered 22 miles in the last three years.

Until this year the last MOT was May 2013

Failed this year on all tyres having ply or cords exposed !

Tyres probably perishing, so did a hero burn out to kill them off. 

34 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

Some impressive driving to expose the cords/ply on all tyres after only 4500 miles !

38 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

I recently paid £7,500 for a 987.1 with 107,000 on so that ones not that impressive ;)

Excellent buy......!

11 hours ago, PaulQ said:

Maybe it was an early Porsche Experience track day car back in the day ;) all 4500 miles on the ragged limit with a thousand race starts thrown in :lol:

Archived