What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

1 hour ago, Patt said:
eBay item number:
Plenty on there new too.

That one is slightly different, the Metra one I had doesn't use a cage. 

Not sure if that one you still use the head unit fascia or not? 
If it doesn't, that could actually be better. 

i used the Connects2 version. I chose it because it had the matching "rounded" section i guess at the top that matched up to the rounded part of the frame under the heater vents. Others ive seen are just flat, and that wouldnt have worked for me. Only picture i have at this moment in time, but you can just see what i mean at the top of the surround there.

3FQr5AFl.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SuperPaulie said:

i used the Connects2 version. I chose it because it had the matching "rounded" section i guess at the top that matched up to the rounded part of the frame under the heater vents. Others ive seen are just flat, and that wouldnt have worked for me. Only picture i have at this moment in time, but you can just see what i mean at the top of the surround there.

3FQr5AFl.jpg

Liking the red inserts on the tunnel any more pics?

• Like 1

After fixing my roof the other day, from manual to fully working, it packed up whilst closing it on Monday night. Thankfully it had reached the windscreen but wouldn't do anything else just clicked and dulled the dash lights.  So i latched it and left it.

Been attempting to gain access, which has proved immensely difficult with the clamshell sealed shut. Got one strut to pop off from inside the car but the other proved impossible to shift. Tried undoing the boomerang nut but that was impossible also. Finally pulled up one side of the clamshell and propped it up to reach inside and pop the clip of the other strut. 

Baffled as to why the failure, the push rods were still connected, and the cables. Took the boomerang off one gearbox and discovered it would move back and forth, assumed somthing inside had broken so took it out the car.

Suprised to find 'half a cog' which had managed to go over to the part with no cog, if that makes sense. Unsure why that would cause the whole thing not to work, surely it should have tried to close and twisted everything, although the clamshell seemed to be under an immense amount of tension when i finally freed it.

Anyway, reset the 'half a cog' and reassembeld. Syned the motors, and hey presto, it all works again. 

19 minutes ago, SuperPaulie said:

Sure!

4yAcNxe.jpg

This looks ace! How is it done? Where from? Did you make it? Alchemy? Really compliments the rest of the interior, and I love the simple heater controls, they just look right if you know what I mean. Great car!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Freddie said:

This looks ace! How is it done? Where from? Did you make it? Alchemy? Really compliments the rest of the interior, and I love the simple heater controls, they just look right if you know what I mean. Great car!

Totally agree, classy looking and love the older rotary heater controls

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SuperPaulie said:

Sure!

4yAcNxe.jpg

Thanks, I presume you cut the centre console to achieve that, Ive got the old controls and I think Ive asked you in the past how you positioned it lower down., big task I think you said.

11 minutes ago, the baron said:

Thanks, I presume you cut the centre console to achieve that, Ive got the old controls and I think Ive asked you in the past how you positioned it lower down., big task I think you said.

Huge amounts of butchery required, but it's perfectly doable if you want it enough!

1 hour ago, Freddie said:

Yeah I made it, and cheers. It's original Porsche leather from a door card I bought, so it's the right colour and age. Was pretty hard work though to be honest, but I like the final result, something a bit different.

nlcawXN.jpg

RsC08uV.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SuperPaulie said:

Yeah I made it, and cheers. It's original Porsche leather from a door card I bought, so it's the right colour and age. Was pretty hard work though to be honest, but I like the final result, something a bit different.

nlcawXN.jpg

RsC08uV.jpg

Looks fantastic, very professional 👌

16 hours ago, SuperPaulie said:

nlcawXN.jpg

RsC08uV.jpg

Looks amazing, very nice indeed. 👍

Looked out of the window at a very soggy car wishing I could start to get anti-seize spray onto all the suspension bolts I'm going to be trying to undo in the near future and fit the new crested wheel centres (thanks @Freddie).

Staying warm and dry inside over the weekend and there's not even a GP to watch this weekend!  I fear Mrs @½cwt will be finding tasks for me around the house...

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Looked out of the window at a very soggy car wishing I could start to get anti-seize spray onto all the suspension bolts I'm going to be trying to undo in the near future and fit the new crested wheel centres (thanks @Freddie).

Staying warm and dry inside over the weekend and there's not even a GP to watch this weekend!  I fear Mrs @½cwt will be finding tasks for me around the house...

Yikes..... 

4 hours ago, JonSta said:

Yikes..... 

Not too bad so far, just a minor wallpaper repair and cook a pasta bake for dinner.  Sorry, should be in 'What have you done to your house today' thread in The Lounge!

7 hours ago, ½cwt said:

I’d planned a nice relaxing weekend in due to the weather but we have sprung a leak in the conservatory, so looks like I’ll be on the roof trying to temporarily fix it until I can get a roofer out. 🤬

Hi guys,

I washed the Boxster today, and claybared a front wing. Something I have never done before as I am not one for car washing/cleaning. I cannot believe how smooth it came up. So applied a winter coating of wax to it. Now as soon as there is a decent spell of weather will do the rest of the car.

Berni

• Like 1