What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

26 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

Drove out to Watergate bay today for our anniversary lunch. Parked up and this pulls up alongside 5 mins later :wub::wub:

PvsyVXO.jpg

YayrFOM.jpg

Yeah, but I bet you had a bigger & better handbag than its driver ... :)

Second Bob's sentiments of happy anniversary ... I'm assuming that is you and Mr Sazzy, not you and your 986 :D

50 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

Drove out to Watergate bay today for our anniversary lunch. Parked up and this pulls up alongside 5 mins later :wub::wub:

PvsyVXO.jpg

YayrFOM.jpg

Did you think 'Oh look a surprise anniversary present'  :D   Hope you had a great lunch and many more anniversaries

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RCS said:

Did you think 'Oh look a surprise anniversary present'  :D   Hope you had a great lunch and many more anniversaries

You are a bit of a stirrer, RCS, who would want a friend who says things like that ?

Replaced another broken brake pad wear sensor.  On the plus side, I got this one first time!  Realised that the light came on when the o/s wheels hit a bump, tried the front wheel first as it's the easiest wheel to put back on (lighter than the rear) and bingo found it first go.  Having replaced god knows how many of these in my ownership I must be learning.  At some point I may even tie them up out the way, which is something I thought about doing 70k miles ago! 

Re - sprayed the calipers and also de - snorkelled. Tried Dr Colourchip but paint match too far off, I'll tint the product when I get back to Ireland, should be able to get a better match.

8 hours ago, KT986 said:

Drove 486 klicks today , went to Valentia Island , Skellig Rock , Ring of Kerry & "Molls Gap" - Circuit of Ireland Tarmac Rally Stage 

stunning day out with PCI 

KT

Aah Kerry, possibly the most beautiful place on earth, drove through the valley in the middle of the ring once in a 2.8 Granada full of family. Got to the Killarney end only to see a sign saying "No vehicular access" which explained the state of the road. Stunning though.

Brands and back yesterday for Britcar. Didn't get to race the Cayman this time but the team were out in it with two new paying drivers, one a complete novice.

Dry and quiet on the way down but by 16:00 the rain had arrived and I drove back in rain and spray. Dipsticks on the M25 with no lights on - as usual.

This was the first time for me in the wet on the new Michelin PS4s and I must say the car felt more stable and sure-footed than I've ever experienced. Was totally happy to stick in lane 4, at the speed limit, with a nice big gap behind and in front, while everyone else pootled along. I'd certainly recommend them now - no question.

Sorted the annoying click every time I change gear, removed gearknob and gator assembly applied sticky foam tape to top of gear lever refitted gear knob .......

and silence when I change gear..... bliss ?

Edited by Mogsmex

Took mine for a short spin up the A30 to Blackbushe Cafe. Whilst I was there the bloke in the White Fiesta ST (spotless) comes up to get in his car and starts talking to me about my 986. He asked me how much it was and I think he was a bit shocked when I said "Significantly under £10k".

Anyway, the point of taking it our for a drive was to chuck out the water laying in the battery tray. (I have to park on a slope) Managed to get rid of the water from there, but I think I've worked out why the drivers footwell was getting wet. The seatbelt felt damp today and I think it's coming in over the foam tray on the drivers side (slightly lower than N/S).

Might have to see if there is any way to get the roof off and adapt the tray to make it higher at the front. (any ideas welcome)

1 hour ago, JohnnyUK said:

the tray should sit under the lip of a body panel so water runs into the tray. Check its not sitting outside the lip as water will then run between and into the car. 

Sorry I'm not following you? Can you explain with a photo or diagram?

Sorry no pics but the foam drip trays at the rear, under the convertible roof sit under a lip on the bodywork. People clear the drain hole, repair rips in the foam but if the tray edges do not fit under the lip then rain will run between the tray and bodywork. Open the roof in service mode and check the drip tray where it sits behind the door catch.

5 hours ago, JohnnyUK said:

Sorry no pics but the foam drip trays at the rear, under the convertible roof sit under a lip on the bodywork. People clear the drain hole, repair rips in the foam but if the tray edges do not fit under the lip then rain will run between the tray and bodywork. Open the roof in service mode and check the drip tray where it sits behind the door catch.

Thanks I'll check that out.