What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Cleared out all drain holes, even under the battery tray. Investigated the methodology for replacing centre console with GT3 carpet...my job for tomorrow

Tried out my AutoTop DIY kit and it works, but needs modification to work long time.

• Like 1

Completed the highly technical proceedure of tightning my bonnet badge :thumbsup_still: 8mm socket and T bar required, very pleased that I did not snap the pins of the back of the badge by overtightning. 

On 03/08/2017 at 11:31 AM, KT986 said:

Learnt how to post a picture

KT

Great car and location

First sunny day in East Sussex for a long time so a general cleaning day. Washed, polished & waxed, cleaned and proofed hood, then lubricated the t/frunk hinges and vac'd the interior. Used a whole pack of interior wipes getting into every crevice and a fair few cotton buds too! Checked all fluids & then, after 3 hours toil went for a drive to pub in the next village. 

Finally had a chance to complete the roof mod.

I've had the one touch roof open/close for two years now with the modded roof relay I can open/close on the move!  small things :)

http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/48096-automatic-roof-one-touch-mods.html

• Like 2

FINALLY found enough time to fix my snapped roof tension cable that was causing the roof edge to sit slightly out of the channel. No simple elastic fixes for me, oh no, that would be too easy!

I knew it wasn't going to be an easy job what with having to strip the canvas of of the frame at the front to get to the top of the cable but dear god it turned into a nightmare job. 6 hours later, lots of swearing and threats to sell the godamm thing and it's finally done. 

I'll see how I feel about the car in the morning :axehead:

14 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I though for a minute you were directing abuse at someone - then I realised this was an external edit ?

Don't you get the edit option on your posts?

I don't get a chance, the edit option seems to disappear after a minute or so. 

Just now, Sazzy said:

I don't get a chance, the edit option seems to disappear after a minute or so. 

Ah.  Just checked and extended time edit capability is only available to site contributors apparently.  (I found a post from last year when this was discussed...). 

took gear linkage to pieces and modified with Jim's GT3 style needle bearings, replaced missing suspension dust cap and cleared out drain holes..and got very wet inside and out due to random thunder storm.

Will put more detail on the Molly thread (even remembered to take some pictures this time )