718 Ordered Today

Whaleblue

Thanks again all.

There are three Lava Orange cars for sale, all with huge spec - all launch cars perhaps?

I'm still keen, but as advised by you guys (and my wife!) we'll try to get to see one live. Be nice to see one with silver wheels, as I'm personally not really a fan of black ones.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Toeside said:

Thats what 'Porcshe' call Lava Orange its is quite Red though

Hmmm, yes.....I think it ought to be called Florida Bleached Red.......just not Orange enough, looks washed out.

2 hours ago, Whaleblue said:

There are three Lava Orange cars for sale, all with huge spec - all launch cars perhaps?

I'm sure it was a launch vehicle - there was a specific option code for 'Market Launch Vehicle' which is listed on the Lava Orange examples at Wilmslow and Exeter but not on the Swindon one. But that's the only difference in the listed specs, and two of the three have almost consecutive VINs as well. (It's an incredible spec that Porsche put on the launch demos cars - at the recent Panamera launch there was similarly a Turbo with £27k of options on it.)

All three are listed as having satin platinum wheels too, which is correct for Wilmslow and Exeter, but the Swindon one seems in fact to have black wheels instead, so I think they've got that wrong in the listing. So Whaleblue, if you want to see different wheels - though still not the vanilla silver ones - you'll have to drive a bit further ...

6 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

Hmmm, yes.....I think it ought to be called Florida Bleached Red.......just not Orange enough, looks washed out.

I think its an awesome colour.       You will just have to add to your growing list of colours you don't like Boxbrownie :chuckle:. Black, Lava orange ........

16 hours ago, Toeside said:

I think its an awesome colour.       You will just have to add to your growing list of colours you don't like Boxbrownie :chuckle:. Black, Lava orange ........

Do not forget Primer Grey and NHS Beige ;)

Make it a good strong Red, White or Blue........need a colour that looks like the pot has been stirred not using the thin stuff off the top :D

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:28 PM, Whaleblue said:

I'm thinking...

PDK. No debate here for me, personally.

Likely Jet Black or Agate Grey. 19" wheels. Would like to be daring with Lava Orange, but... I'm not that brave.

Satnav, park assist, PAS cruise, auto dim mirror and wipers, 2-zone climate. DAB (pointless anywhere other than in a car, where it really comes into its own for those of us that like Radio 5 and 6).

Heated seats and steering wheeel (the smaller GT one). I put the roof down on a convertible whenever it's not raining!

As an iPhone user (more controversy!) I'm wondering how useful the Connect Plus is?

Also considering the LED lights and the upgraded seats.

I'd like to keep the overall price not too far north of £50k, but this intended as a long term keeper - my 'last hurrah' if you will, so don't want to skimp as I hope at least I'll be the one getting the benefit of the toys for all that time!

get Lava orange, it looks utterly fantastic and turns lots of heads!

Reading OPC had a Lava Orange customer car in the 'pound' today, so I popped over to see it and discuss the options.

It had black wheels, and I'm beginning to feel that's what the colour needs, and it does look a bit special.

However, I've decided it's not for me. Primarily because I didn't realise it's a non-metallic finish, which I feel isn't the best option for a ten year plus keeper. I think metallics just wear a little better, with cleaning swirls not showing so much. Had it been a metallic finish I'd have been very seriously tempted. I'll admit I was a bit disappointed - it could have been stonking as a metallic.

They also had a Jet Black S in the showroom, and again it wasn't quite as I'd hoped - I felt it lost a little definition to its lines.

So, it looks like Agate. To that end they had one with the Red top. With the hood down it's perfect, but as I had feared with the hood up it's just a bit much for me, so boring Black has been chosen! A common spec for a Boxster then. Luckily it's a stunner, and Boxsters aren't ten a penny, so shouldn't look 'common'!

I ordered a 718s in October which is being delivered in April.  I went for the silver with the red roof too and a few other options.   I test drove the manual 20lt which I thought had a little bit of turbo lag low down but nothing in the 2.5 with the PDK.

I saw a black one with a red roof at Porsche Colchester look really good. 

4 minutes ago, Gee-money said:

I ordered a 718s in October which is being delivered in April.  I went for the silver with the red roof too and a few other options.   I test drove the manual 20lt which I thought had a little bit of turbo lag low down but nothing in the 2.5 with the PDK.

I saw a black one with a red roof at Porsche Colchester look really good. 

It's all about the red roof B)

3 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

What is for sure is that colour combos are utterly personal. I'm sure some will think my Agate/Black is ugly/boring etc., but as others have said many times before - get whatever does it for you!

Absolutely! A Boxster will never be ugly* or boring and if that combination is what floats your boat, go for it.  Although you're planning to keep it long term, it will be good to know that it's also a "safe" choice for resale.

(* The rhubarb and custard 718 featured on another thread might be the exception in this regard...)

Every time I've seen an Agate Boxster or Cayman, I've thought 'wow!'. There are a lot of metallic grey cars on the road nowadays, but few that do it this well.

My wife loves it too, which is great. I wasn't looking forward to convincing her it needed to be the LO, so it works out well for me/us!!

You won't regret Agate, it does look superb IMO but of course I would say that having chosen that colour for mine. The black roof is fine but I didn't like the all black leather interior so chose agate grey and pebble. That combo is no longer available though the black/crayon combo for the 718 looks similar. Try and check that out before deciding on all black. Best of luck with your choices, this is the fun part before taking delivery.

2 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

OT, but relating to colour choice... I'm not normally a fan of white cars.

But, this (in the Reading showroom) is stunning...

30937057920_60c096dc8b_b.jpg

Concentrate, it's a 718 your looking for?

Much better, I like that colour interior as well. Doesn't seem to be as red as when in a silver car. Or is that just the configurator effect?

I agree.  That's just the right amount of red for me, enough to make it interesting but not be overpowering.  I would have to think long and hard about the roof though, as I do like the contrast.

Are you able to spec yours with that interior?

Archived