718 Ordered Today

Whaleblue

Used adaptive cruise a bit on auto boxes, I rate it, takes some strain out of mundane drives.

Not tried it on a manual box though,  great in top gear I would think but not  taking full advantage of the system (imo)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, T24RES said:

Used adaptive cruise a bit on auto boxes, I rate it, takes some strain out of mundane drives.

Not tried it on a manual box though,  great in top gear I would think but not  taking full advantage of the system (imo)

ACC with Lane change /lane keeping assist, very odd feeling when you test it :laugh:

Final spec.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHLWSLT8

Went a bit overboard, but in all honesty there's hardly a thing on the list I'd take off and know I wouldn't regret. When I saw the total I wondered if I shouldn't 'upgrade' to the S - but by the time that was specced up it became silly :o

There were even a couple of things I could have added, but decided not too as they either added (even more) complexity to the car that might prove costly long term or I simply realised I'd not get good use of.

Might have to keep it for 15 years, not just 10!

:)

Great looking car and a very nice specification. List on my 986S worked out at £62K when I had finished and I had to stop clicking the options list somewhere. Why do they charge twice for the steering wheel (£186 + £315)? And I see that they have cottoned-on to charging for the smokers pack - it was a no cost option on the 981.

I personally wouldn't pay over 1300 quid for some slightly more blingy lights but that's just my preference.

When are they predicting delivery?  

23 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

Final spec.

Went a bit overboard, but in all honesty there's hardly a thing on the list I'd take off and know I wouldn't regret. When I saw the total I wondered if I shouldn't 'upgrade' to the S - but by the time that was specced up it became silly :o

There were even a couple of things I could have added, but decided not too as they either added (even more) complexity to the car that might prove costly long term or I simply realised I'd not get good use of.

The xenon lights state they offer the 4 light running lights, but on the picture they look a lot different to the LED ones, are the daytime lights the same on both ??

Two-tone leather with Sports Plus seats was going to get expensive, and I was not 100% sure anyway. So, black, black, black...

Yes, I tried to convince myself that the 18" wheels would be fine (preferred the 'Cayman' ones of those), but the looks and the fact I loved the ride/handling of the 19" test drive meant I had to pull that particular trigger!

I believe that only the full LED lights get the four-point running lights. They are LED in all cases though.

Do you think you really need the Porsche Connect plus option??? It seems an expensive gimmick unless you are really going to spend a lot of time playing with your phone and wofi devices!

I can see its use in a family SUV/saloon but not a sports car but maybe you have specific needs for this :)

1 hour ago, Whaleblue said:

Final spec.

:)

Exciting times! Now you just have to wait ... and wait ... and wait :) (And keep reading the brochure and staring at the mocked-up car in the configurator ... )

1 hour ago, topradio said:

And I see that they have cottoned-on to charging for the smokers pack - it was a no cost option on the 981.

Not just that - I see they now only fit the smaller 54l fuel tank to the 2.0 models, and charge extra for the 64l version (a trick they originally learned with the Spyder - but at least they could argue there the original spec was to keep the weight down!)

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

What size is the 981 fuel tank then ?

64 litres on all models except the Spyder - but even on that it was a no-cost upgrade from the 54l standard. Seems a bit churlish to now charge £81 for it on the 718 2.0 models (both Boxster & Cayman), when it would simplify the production line if they just fitted the 64l tank to all models.

1 minute ago, Araf said:

You've put a deposit on a brand spanking new car.  I haven't. :blush2:

hehe no kids and 38 years old = mid life crisis new car..... hence the yellow choice.  If I had 2 kids I'd be driving a mondeo and thinking about putting a gun in my mouth most mornings ...... joke

4 hours ago, topradio said:

Great looking car and a very nice specification. List on my 986S worked out at £62K when I had finished and I had to stop clicking the options list somewhere. Why do they charge twice for the steering wheel (£186 + £315)? And I see that they have cottoned-on to charging for the smokers pack - it was a no cost option on the 981.

I personally wouldn't pay over 1300 quid for some slightly more blingy lights but that's just my preference.

When are they predicting delivery?  

As I get older the more I appreciate good headlights!

Should be picking it up by mid-March. Dealer seems very confident on the build date to delivery timeframe at three weeks or so, I assume that's par for the course?

6 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

As I get older the more I appreciate good headlights!

Should be picking it up by mid-March. Dealer seems very confident on the build date to delivery timeframe at three weeks or so, I assume that's par for the course?

My last courtesy car had xenon with the 4 zonda lights on it.  But now I've seen yours with the LEDs it looks a lot meaner from the front, back to the dealer tomorrow for me lol

Archived