718 Ordered Today

Whaleblue

1 hour ago, Nath said:

I agree.  That's just the right amount of red for me, enough to make it interesting but not be overpowering.  I would have to think long and hard about the roof though, as I do like the contrast.

Are you able to spec yours with that interior?

Unfortunately not. I could have the interior, but with a black hood, but I don't think there's any way of getting a black cowling over the instruments.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Whaleblue said:

Unfortunately not. I could have the interior, but with a black hood, but I don't think there's any way of getting a black cowling over the instruments.

I thought you would have learnt by now, everything is possible with Porsche.  You specify it, and they will build it.

2 minutes ago, Araf said:

I thought you would have learnt by now, everything is possible with Porsche.  You specify it, and they will build it.

At sensible cost for a tweak to a fairly standard build, or typically at £x00's?

9 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

At sensible cost for a tweak to a fairly standard build, or typically at £x00's?

You won't know if you don't ask, and that costs nothing?

8 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

I would think that one would be a free swap.  If you went for a leather covered cowl, that would be an upgrade, so would cost.

Are the two tone seats still the same price as one colour?

14 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

It's never a sensible cost With Porsche ? Porsche even defies man maths. I'm currently in a 718 with 23 grands worth of options ( courtesy car not mine alas )  and it doesn't even have led lights or full leather.  The options list is crazily vast.  However your in for a right treat when you get it.  Enjoy

1 hour ago, Whaleblue said:

I've realised the two tone seats aren't Sports Plus, and I like the extra support given by this Plus's, so will stick with just black!

The black is a no cost option but the Sports Plus seats can come with any colour combo, problem is it costs £2424. 

My must-haves would be heated Sports seats, full black leather and wind deflectors. Not worried about PCM as I tend to use Waze on my phone. Would settle for 19" wheels if there's a nice design available.

If I went for PDK I'd also spec Sport Chrono.

As for colour, I honestly don't know! Agate probably.

On 30/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, spyderman8 said:

...wind deflectors....

If I went for PDK I'd also spec Sport Chrono.

I don't think there are any wind deflectors, other than the one between the roll hoops, and it's standard on the 718.

I've been wondering about the Sport Chrono. A proper toy, fun on the road?

Also, anyone know what it changes regards suspension if you've only specced the standard (non-PASM)?

As far as I am aware, no PASM= no ability to change the suspension setting, I have the sports suspension, it handles like a sports car should and the 20mm lowering makes it look so much better.

2 hours ago, Whaleblue said:

I don't think there are any wind deflectors, other than the one between the roll hoops, and it's standard on the 718.

I've been wondering about the Sport Chrono. A proper toy, fun on the road?

Also, anyone know what it changes regards suspension if you've only specced the standard (non-PASM)?

Sport Chrono doesn't change the suspension unless you have PASM, and then it only changes the damping characteristics, not the ride height.  It also raises the rev limit and sharpens pedal response.  I think it does liven up the car, which you wouldn't want happening every day.

Thanks chaps.

Well, I thought the standard Sport mode (activated via the button next to the gear lever) was plenty enough sharpening TBH, and I don't want the PASM (I really found the stock suspension with 19" wheels a perfect compromise between ride comfort and performance) - so I'll resist the Chrono which I imagine would go largely unused.

Spec finalises tomorrow - I've spent hours on the configurator this weekend!

I'm also leaning to downgrade to standard cruise control (from ACC/PAS). I'm not sure I'm on motorways enough to justify it.

Can anyone confirm that the standard cruise control has speed limiting, as well as full cruise mode?

11 minutes ago, Whaleblue said:

Thanks chaps.

Well, I thought the standard Sport mode (activated via the button next to the gear lever) was plenty enough sharpening TBH, and I don't want the PASM (I really found the stock suspension with 19" wheels a perfect compromise between ride comfort and performance) - so I'll resist the Chrono which I imagine would go largely unused.

Spec finalises tomorrow - I've spent hours on the configurator this weekend!

I'm also leaning to downgrade to standard cruise control (from ACC/PAS). I'm not sure I'm on motorways enough to justify it.

Can anyone confirm that the standard cruise control has speed limiting, as well as full cruise mode?

not sure about the cruise...on my 981 its just normal cruise...the 981 can have speed limit 'beeps' programmed in but it has no impact on the speed the car is going

I liked the two tone interior on the previous page...which I guess you are not now having BUT what I would give consideration to is getting the roll over hoops colour coded...IMO the black plastic (if unpainted) lets down the quality feel of the car...glad I had it done on mine (and only cost around £344 IIRC)

On 30/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, spyderman8 said:

Would settle for 19" wheels if there's a nice design available.

That's interesting - the configurator won't allow you to spec painted 19" wheels - forces you to change to 20".

Good call on standard Cruise (I use mine a lot in both cars now) and painted roll bar hoops - agree with both.

OK, spec updated.

I've kept the AAC/PAS as the standard Cruise still does not have "speed limiting". Personally I find bog-standard cruise on southern UK roads more-or-less useless.

I've also specced the Bose after all - will post on the Sounds thread for anyone interested.

I've had speed limiting on previous cars and never used it.  Frankly, I found it downright dangerous, when you go for an overtake and then find the car won't go any faster.  Maybe I just wasn't used to it. :unsure: 

4 hours ago, Whaleblue said:

OK, spec updated.

I've kept the AAC/PAS as the standard Cruise still does not have "speed limiting". Personally I find bog-standard cruise on southern UK roads more-or-less useless.

I've also specced the Bose after all - will post on the Sounds thread for anyone interested.

Do you mean adaptive cruise control or actually speed lmiting?

44 minutes ago, Araf said:

I've had speed limiting on previous cars and never used it.  Frankly, I found it downright dangerous, when you go for an overtake and then find the car won't go any faster.  Maybe I just wasn't used to it. :unsure: 

Agreed, we had it on the Merc and apart from playing with it when we first got the car never used it.

I find the standard cruise great and very easy to use.

1 hour ago, Araf said:

I've had it on an auto box SLK - kick-down overrides the limiter. Not sure how it would work on a manual.

On my manual, there is a sport button. At first I thought all it did was firm up the suspension, but it does give a faster throttle response as well. The car just seems to want to 'go' more, as if it doesn't enough already. 

Archived