coloured centre caps

89rallye

29 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

I'm refurbishing my original ones, but they are the plain silver/black type, so easy enough to do.

Would put some pics up, but photobucket seems to be permanently feked these days.

I find Photobucket extremely frustrating to use on a PC - it does not work at all with Edge but does work (albeit slowly) on Chrome (at least on my PC) - I might have to try the iOS version according to what Jason just said.

40 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I find Photobucket extremely frustrating to use on a PC - it does not work at all with Edge but does work (albeit slowly) on Chrome (at least on my PC) - I might have to try the iOS version according to what Jason just said.

I find it a pain in the butt whatever I use

57 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

Do they do an Android version ?

Never thought of using my phone tbh.

Probably! 

I find the desktop version really awkward and littered with poorly place ads and pop ups. The app is simple, quick and clear. 

• 4 months later...

Hi sorry to drag up an old thread,  I'm getting my wheels booked in for a refurb and I'm not sure what to do about my centre caps, these are them: 

XpDURSk.jpg

Have they faded or is this a colour option?! I don't see any evidence of any red having been there? Could I ask them to paint red on do you think?  I know new ones are crazy money. Failing that I know I could go eBay ...

seems ebay have a few wheel caps sets up again, just check the size of your current ones, but I bought something similar two and half years ago and mine are fine, including the dust caps! :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4PCs-Alloy-Chrome-Wheel-Center-Caps-Emblem-Logo-for-Porsche-77mm-7L5601149-E-K-/322344733293

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, Jason986S said:

I have the same as above. Under £20. Also bought some for the Cayenne refurb a few weeks ago in black. Perfect tight fit. ?

I'm tempted to buy another set as ebay seem to be cracking down more often

8 hours ago, Southy said:

I'm tempted to buy another set as ebay seem to be cracking down more often

Yeh, I reckon the Porsche legal teams are having them removed. Notice how the above doesn't actually show/use the logo in full anywhere. Suggestive. 

12 hours ago, Sazzy said:

Hi sorry to drag up an old thread,  I'm getting my wheels booked in for a refurb and I'm not sure what to do about my centre caps, these are them: 

XpDURSk.jpg

Have they faded or is this a colour option?! I don't see any evidence of any red having been there? Could I ask them to paint red on do you think?  I know new ones are crazy money. Failing that I know I could go eBay ...

They don't look right. I'd set them to one side and get the eBay copy ones.

30 minutes ago, Boxob said:

They don't look right. I'd set them to one side and get the eBay copy ones.

It's just that the red has faded.  I'd get the cheap ebay ones and replace every few years.  @Sazzy get some nail varnish on the old ones to see if you can make them look better.  Nothing ventured....  

13 hours ago, Southy said:

seems ebay have a few wheel caps sets up again, just check the size of your current ones, but I bought something similar two and half years ago and mine are fine, including the dust caps! :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4PCs-Alloy-Chrome-Wheel-Center-Caps-Emblem-Logo-for-Porsche-77mm-7L5601149-E-K-/322344733293

s-l1600.jpg

I'd seen these on ebay too, why do you think the seller has the picture with images facing down? Actually put me off buying some more...I need some nicer dust caps as some oik stole the two from one side of the car!

EDIT just realised is so the ad doesnt get pulled by ebay for copyright infringement maybe?

47 minutes ago, Araf said:

It's just that the red has faded.  I'd get the cheap ebay ones and replace every few years.  @Sazzy get some nail varnish on the old ones to see if you can make them look better.  Nothing ventured....  

Nail varnish might work but Hombrol model paint with clear lacquer over certainly does. Did mine when I first got my car 7 years ago and still looking ok.

13 hours ago, Southy said:

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the link, it's a shame you can't see the actual badge to see if it looks shyatee but it's probably right about Porsche and the copyright, I'm sure they've done the same with the calliper decals too. Good price though!

2 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

Thanks for the link, it's a shame you can't see the actual badge to see if it looks shyatee but it's probably right about Porche and the copyright, I'm sure they've done the same with the calliper decals too.

This any better for you?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-SILVER-WHEEL-CENTRE-CAPS-SET-OF-4-/132166513861?hash=item1ec5bcf4c5:g:dGUAAOSwfVpYqw5-

7 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Nail varnish might work but Hombrol model paint with clear lacquer over certainly does. Did mine when I first got my car 7 years ago and still looking ok.

Nail varnish is an idea but it's sticky and would be very hard to make it not look a mess. I've heard of people painting them but wasn't sure what with or what colour red ?! Worth a go for sure.

Just now, Sazzy said:

Nail varnish is an idea but it's sticky and would be very hard to make it not look a mess. I've heard of people painting them but wasn't sure what with or what colour red ?! Worth a go for sure.

Humbrol do a range. Just get one that's the best match. I might have used "Gloss 10" as I've found a small tin of it!

1 minute ago, Boxob said:

Humbrol do a range. Just get one that's the best match. I might have used "Gloss 10" as I've found a small tin of it!

Thanks for your help! ??

Archived