Buying from OPC

718as

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, topradio said:

I can't tell you. It looks like he's persona non grata.

I'm just thinking of my blood pressure. :doctor: He had me feeling sorry for Porsche! :laugh: 

16 minutes ago, Araf said:

I'm just thinking of my blood pressure. :doctor: He had me feeling sorry for Porsche! :laugh: 

Was he the wheel chap or the fuel chap'?

"He who cannot be named" didn't sell a Boxster in favour of a Cayman, he went straight for a Cayman.

......but I believe there was an oily fingerprint on the bonnet.....requiring Porsche GB to pay for a full respray *

*Not an actual CJD story, but let's  not let the facts get in the way of a bit of banter! 

Sorry for all the posts guys. I was only trying to ask questions to help my knowledge on Boxsters. Yes, I'm looking for a 981, but if you feel my posts are too much, then I will make this my last on this board.

Thanks for all your help.

No need to take your bat home, just be a little more open with your intentions.

You have to agree that your approach to gathering information has been somewhat  unusual and random! 

You just had us all wondering about your motives that's all, we really are a friendly helpful bunch on here, honest!

Good luck with your search for a 981, it's an awesome car and the best of its type for the money!

30 minutes ago, 718as said:

Sorry for all the posts guys. I was only trying to ask questions to help my knowledge on Boxsters. Yes, I'm looking for a 981, but if you feel my posts are too much, then I will make this my last on this board.

If you have a search around on here or PH you will find loads of advice and answers to many of your questions on all things Boxster.

What's your timescale for purchase and your ideal spec ?

10 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

If you say his name 3 times, he's sure to appear......!

10 hours ago, Araf said:

:lol:  I'll ban him. :shutup: 

You may need to change his name back to DJMC, as it appears we have a CJD in the forum....wouldn't be fair to tar him with that brush!

1 hour ago, 718as said:

How about this for a compromise?

You start a thread with a fairly general title - like "Questions before I buy my first Boxster" then once one of your questions has been answered to your satisfaction, you ask the next on that same thread?  We've had people more pedantic than you on here and everyone lived.

Failing that, find some middle ground of your own.  Why does it have to be all or nothing? :huh: 

1 minute ago, Araf said:

How about this for a compromise?

Failing that, find some middle ground of your own.  Why does it have to be all or nothing? :huh: 

It's well known fact that some people (generally, not just here) think they have done nothing 'wrong' pursé and cannot see that what they say can be seen in another view no matter how much people try to explain.

The OP obviously feels he's not said anything untoward or how he's asked but given fresh eyes reading all his posts an alternate conclusion has/can be reached about what/why he's asking questions the way he is, intentionally or not.

@718as no one is wanting you to leave, they also have no right to tell you how to ask questions, just see it as an alternative point of view in your posts and offer your opinion back :)

I've made some really stupid posts in the past and to this day I'm still ridiculed for it & rightly so :laugh: 

And how about introduce your self in the New bi section, saying you are etc? :)

7 minutes ago, rowbos said:

It gets worse, now you are bringing sexuality into this :)    "New bi"

Bloody pretxt! 

11 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

Bloody pretxt! 

Not surprising, when you half of your time on Grindr. :detetive: 

2 minutes ago, Araf said:

I'm on a conference call which is difficult when I am sat chuckling to myself!  Note to self, must use the mute button more.

6 minutes ago, Araf said:

Least I don't wear latex rubber pants! :)

11 hours ago, Simo_UK said:

Wheel. Tyres.  Brake calliper bolts. Audi TTs...etc

He is still active on Pistonheads. 

5 hours ago, 718as said:

Dont go stay, definitely more the merrier :) As a few have said introduce yourself in the members section and let us know what you are after. Never know we may be able to help find your dream car :) Or someone on here may be selling.

All best

3 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:
Just now, Leonard said:

Dont go stay, definitely more the merrier :) As a few have said introduce yourself in the members section and let us know what you are after. Never know we may be able to help find your dream car :) Or someone on here may be selling.

All best

Agreed!

Archived