Worst boxster i've seen

myfirstboxster

On 29 de abril de 2017 at 1:52 PM, kev911 said:

as this one that's true neglect boxster covered in birdshyate  

The ultimate detailer's challenge and a real test for the roof cleaning products lol:wacko::lol:

11 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

I am sure you mean Cornwall.............we have far worse Gulls down'ear :wacko: ............and unless Devon nicked our Poldark film set we also have Charlestown :lol:

I got a grade E in Geography - Devon and Cornwall - what a mistake.....It was Cornwall and Charlestown is a lovely place, i dont like the Gulls though.....

I've only driven 3 boxsters. I bought 2 of them. The third was a pig in nickers! 

Droning after market exhaust. Shot suspension and engine mounts so every bump in the road had it jangleling like a infant's mobile! It felt like all the bushes were utterly shot and the final nail in the coffin was it had a tiptronic box. The gears seemed to drone on forever as it swung between ratios. 

Body was ok, wheels were clean turbo twists. It had potential, but not for me. I would not be chasing legends through the Strines in that, ever! 

@Loz987 I drove some right dogs before I got mine. Likewise, jangly mounts/bushes, dodgy budget miss match tyres. Weren't covered in shyate like the above as somebody had chucked a bucket over them in an attempt to impress me. I made almost offensively low cash offers (starting with a 2) and walked away.

There was a Silver 986.2 on foreign plates parked in the same space in Tesco's car park Lewisham for what seemed like 3 or 4 years, didn't look too bad tbh and don't think that the tyres had gone flat, so don't think anyone twigged it had been abandoned (whoever said the Boxster was an anonymous car), me as a silver 986 owner spotted it though and it used to be a real point of interest on the train to and from work each day.

They had some work done in the car park a couple of months ago and think it got towed away at that point, shame; I miss looking out of the train window at it :lol: 

Was in the short term carpark at Malaga airport again this morning and the abandoned German Boxster is still there. It's been there for some months now. Condition not too bad but am sure it will get worse due to parking shunts:o etc. Wonder what the story behind it is?

20170511_053612_zpsoki5b8vl.jpg

20170511_053548_zpsfbgc5ktg.jpg

20170511_053539_zpseduexhmn.jpg

12 minutes ago, el 3.2S said:

Was in the short term carpark at Malaga airport again this morning and the abandoned German Boxster is still there. It's been there for some months now. Condition not too bad but am sure it will get worse due to parking shunts:o etc. Wonder what the story behind it is?

There wasn't an odour coming from the frunk was there?

3 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Limbs and head in the front, trunk in the back...simples!  :axehead:

That's a bit worrying but then again you're from Suffolk probably a local custom:D

There was care went into that earlier. At least part of the Aerokit (front lip, rear splitter, kick-up spoiler - think it misses the sills), Cayman g(r)ills, Carrera Sport wheels :wub:.

...wonder if I could park up next to it and swap wheels over?

31 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

There was care went into that earlier. At least part of the Aerokit (front lip, rear splitter, kick-up spoiler - think it misses the sills), Cayman g(r)ills, Carrera Sport wheels :wub:.

...wonder if I could park up next to it and swap wheels over?

I thought it looked like it had extra bits fitted, not so familiar with newer Boxsters. If you are quick it won't cost you anything, the carpark offers free parking for up to 15 mins now.......

2 hours ago, Terryg said:

That's a bit worrying but then again you're from Suffolk probably a local custom:D

We're actually right on the border and there's a local saying: "normal - for Norfolk."  

Go figure! ?

4 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

Knowing the cost of parking at airports (Gatwick make a small fortune off me) I suspect the owner left it there on his/her return as the fee to release it exceeded its value!

7 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

I hate this, I just want to rescue it :weeep:

20 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

Looks like it has p*ssed itself or has one epic RMS leak ?

Seriously bough. I want the wheels and rear bumper to hack up. 

RMS may well be ok. There was a small shower of rain in the night. The carpark is partly open. 

2 hours ago, Sazzy said:

I hate this, I just want to rescue it :weeep:

+1

Such a shame to see a nice Boxster so neglected.  Malaga Airport parking is a bit of a madhouse, so I'm not surprised to see it has picked up some battle scars.

Archived