981 GTS Plate for Auction

Buzzfox

Too rich for me and I have a 'GTS' plate anyway but just thought I'd mention that for you other lucky GTS drivers '981 GTS' is going up for auction on 17th May with a £1200 reserve. Say what you like about personal plates but for a Boxster GTS you won't get much better than that!!

Check out the DVLA site for the details.

10 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

Ive bid on a plate in that auction but not saying which one and unlikley to get it for the price I bid either!

STU P1D

?

15 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

Ive bid on a plate in that auction but not saying which one and unlikley to get it for the price I bid either!

Hang on Stuart! Didn't you say that you don't see the point of personalised number plates?

11 minutes ago, topradio said:

Hang on Stuart! Didn't you say that you don't see the point of personalised number plates?

yeah I did...but now the car is  over 3 years old, I can see the point!

3 hours ago, Gutley said:

and surprised 'CAY 718S' is only up for 250. Might be an investment for someone

You will never get it for anything like that, it's just the min they will sell it for. 

On 4/26/2017 at 8:19 PM, Stuart21UK said:

yeah I did...but now the car is  over 3 years old, I can see the point!

Snob.  

BTW, those who know and appreciate cars will not be fooled that it is newer.  Those who don't, don't care.  Personal plates are a waste of money (yes, I know we have a handful).

Just now, Araf said:

Snob.  

BTW, those who know and appreciate cars will not be fooled that it is newer.  Those who don't, don't care.  Personal plates are a waste of money (yes, I know we have a handful).

And next he will be buying a PDK :P

13 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

only when I reach my 50's fellas ;)

I wouldn't put it off, if I looked like you do before you're 50. ^_^ 

4 hours ago, Boggle73 said:

I was the one that called DVLA to release it. They said I couldn't just buy it, they now have to put all requested unused numbers to auction. Been waiting 12 months for it to come to auction so we will see what it does. Jay.

Yeah.  I have a plate I am waiting to go for auction, DVLA will confirm up to three registration numbers if you request them but then only put one at a time (of your choosing) to auction if they think they will sell - with no defined timescale...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived