986 cockpit spruce up - anyone?

Southy

That is obviously an example of his work and it's a bit OTT for that reason, if it were scaled back a bit it would look better and cost less (IMO of course).

34 minutes ago, That986 said:

Nice job but way too much stitching. And the way some of the stitching doesn't line up when going from one component to the other would irritate me.

I definitely wouldn't say it's been executed to a Porsche factory standards. Some of the curves aren't smooth and the tucked in edges look forced and in-natural. The line across the steering wheel is weird too.

17 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

The line across the steering wheel is weird too.

As is the combination of 993-style (i.e. very early 986) steering wheel with facelift dash, in the first place.

I kinda hope that car ends up in Douglas Valley though, so the best bits can be pillaged... :ph34r:

Cheers, Baggers.

23 hours ago, Southy said:

Wow that does look good. Even makes the boggo 4 spoke wheel look slightly less grim.

5 hours ago, bagss2 said:

As is the combination of 993-style (i.e. very early 986) steering wheel with facelift dash, in the first place.

I kinda hope that car ends up in Douglas Valley though, so the best bits can be pillaged... :ph34r:

Cheers, Baggers.

???

Archived