colour advise

niceone

Speed yellow would look awesome with a metropole blue interior and roof.

Could be tempted to switch if a '99 3.2 with litronics comes up for sale in that spec.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:49 PM, niceone said:

so sorry about resent spelling issues but i would like advise on colours inside and outside of car  like what is rare looks good  easy to look after 

thanks 

Beauty as they say is in the eye of the beholder.  It also depends on how loud/ bright you want to gp.  I have a reasonably unusual Atlas Grey with a Stone Grey hood and Stone Grey interior (most tend to have Black hood/interior). It's quite a conservative combo but personally i love it especially in bright sunlight when the colour really sparkles.  Silver with Blue hood and interior looks good too. 

It’s a strange question, really you just like what you like.  There are lots of Porsche’s in subdued colours (grey, silver, black etc) and if you dont want to draw attention to yourself they are a great choice.  I personally like things a bit brighter, Yellow does look great but it’s not for me. But for everyone that loves a colour there will be as many that avoid it. Ifanything Silver is universally accepted, many love it, very few hate it.

As you all know, I am very conservative when it comes to car colours:lol:. When I look at the range available for the 718 I would end up with silver / red roof as the special colours do nothing for me. I also have a pastel yellow 986 which is a bit Marmite but I understand that its actually a classic colour that Porsche have used for many years.

The one colour on cars that I really don't like is that metallic matt black that you sometimes see on very expensive performance cars. They just look like they need a good clean all the time. 

I had blue / blue / blue on my 986 and when ordering the 718 I had to have the same.

So I have sapphire blue - which is a really great colour, gets so many lovely comments, a blue roof and the full leather blue interior. Whilst I like it, I don't think I'd get it again as it's a little dull against the sapphire blue, whereas the 986 was a shade darker and the full blue interior just matched it so much better.

If (When) I order a 718S replacement, I'm going to go with the Agate Blue and Pebble leather interior which is drop dead gorgeous. Try playing around on the configurator.

I think colour choice is - as others have said - entirely personal. I have a dark blue car (both my cars in fact) with black leather interior. I think it shows off the curves of the car perfectly. I know that some people dislike dark blue but since beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I don't care

Niceone

We do try to be helpful here, even if there is banter, sarcasm, long-running jokes that newbies won't get, etc. And I can already tell you another; that you post a pic of your new pride and joy and someone will zoom in on something totally irrelevant in the background and criticise it; usually uncut grass, weeds, dodgy fence etc. It will happen because it always does. Don't take it personally!

I have a polite suggestion, borne from seeing another thread of yours. May I suggest you put up a new thread in an appropriate sub-forum - I suspect 986 - with the title "which Boxster for £[your budget]" - as I got the impression that you're looking at the bottom of the market, an early 986 rather than a 718. That's fine, we have plenty of people like that here, but we'll all say that colour is one of the last things you should be concerned about with a Porsche of that age.  And if you do that, you'll also get several bargain-hunters chipping in with adverts they've found to your spec.

Stick around and good luck with the hunt :) 

I would figure out the budget first and fron that roughly what age, mileage and engine you're looking for and if you want manual or automatic.  Next figure out which options you can't live without and can't be retrofitted reasonably.   Finally decide which colours and interiors you absolutely can't live with and exclude those. 

From that choose the best example you can find.  

Colour is a very personal thing so you should really just please yourself.  While my earlier post was a bit tongue in cheek, I do actually love yellow on certain cars (I have a yellow S1 Elise).  Personally I'm not a fan of the red interior with yellow as it makes it a bit too garish overall.  That said, some might think my Lotus with yellow/black seats is a bit over the top!

For my Boxster I prefer something a little less attention grabbing as I live in London and park the car on the street (Meteor grey with black interior).

13 minutes ago, John K said:

So far there has been only one drive in the sun with the roof down, but during that these colors said "California" :)

Your photo is broken

35 minutes ago, Gutley said:

Your photo is broken

Thanks for the heads up, I can see it but perhaps that's because I am logged into Amazon, will repost it directly

Archived