Picked up yesterday ... 981 S

peterg1965

Picked it up yesterday morning, awesome, incredible and I just love it ? 

only niggles are a creaking front door hinge - is white lithium grease ok for this?  And a few creaks and squeaks which I guess might be the seats, but probably to be expected in a Roadster.

i leave for work at 0530, wife tells me there were a few comments when she spoke to the neighbours about the start up noise, I didn’t even have PSE on!

We're going to need pictures.

They are quite noisy on start up for the first 30 seconds or so, I think that the PSE effectively defaults to on until the valves are closed by engine vacuum. I start mine in the garage and only drive it out once the noise has settled down.

Great stuff ?

Enjoy your new toy and let’s see some pictures for context!

My PSE definitely kicks in on startup and then settles down unless I hit the button (which I always do!).

Lithium grease should be fine for the door hinges I think. It depends where the other creaks are coming from - more clues?

7 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Great stuff ?

Enjoy your new toy and let’s see some pictures for context!

My PSE definitely kicks in on startup and then settles down unless I hit the button (which I always do!).

Lithium grease should be fine for the door hinges I think. It depends where the other creaks are coming from - more clues?

I don’t know where the door is creaking, need to look more closely, but I assumed the hinges.

Looks lovely, my door hinge creaked as well,  I used some Porsche spray that I think is a wurth version of WD40 and it did the job

Nice motor. My neighbours are used to a noisy start up, used to be the Ducati in the summer lol

23 minutes ago, Patt said:

Sod the neighbours ! most of mine have poorly serviced diesels.  At least mine sounds good, and probably just as loud as them.

Enjoy

+1 my neighbours all have diesel Chelsea tractors, it sound like a goods yard when they start up in the morning.

Great looking car, and perfect weather to enjoy it.

17 hours ago, Duffy3074 said:

Looks lovely, my door hinge creaked as well,  I used some Porsche spray that I think is a wurth version of WD40 and it did the job

Lithium grease is the best as wd40 will dry out and back to square one

On 7/24/2018 at 8:50 PM, peterg1965 said:

4C380691-3444-4297-AA10-8C62D362D20D_zps

That is a superb colour combo, respect!

Look after those wheels, recommend some Gtechniq C5 Alloy Wheel Armour to protect the lacquer.

Congratulations!  Your car looks fantastic - I second the warning to look after the wheels, they look great but are a lot of work to clean and need protecting, plus if you hit a kerb (as most of us do eventually ☹️) they can I believe only be repaired once.  I think I've see posts somewhere about someone who puts a spare set of wheels on in winter to keep them away from salt (a good excuse to get some winter tyres).

Enjoy your new car.

Archived