Seemed a shame not too

Topbox

So, as part of a trip based loosely on the NC500, I ticked off a little ambition to visit John o' Groats, which, to be pedantic is really called Duncansby Head, John o' Groats is the village a couple of miles down the road. Having rather enjoyed this solo trip it seemed a shame not to take the Boxster down to Lands End. When the opportunity arose to combine this with a BoXa Cheddar run, off I went, the joys of the retired lifestyle. It did'nt happen without pictures so, for your  amusement here are a few:

5WX9xmO.jpg

Duncansby head the north east tip of the Scottish mainland, May 2nd 2017.

cHBVjpO.jpg

I regret not taking a picture of the Boxster here,  at the time there seemed a good reason not to, but not so good that I can remember what it was now.

Ip7o8FF.jpg

Fiona Harper  who runs the John o Groats post office, quite use to picture request I would judge from the way she flicked her hair, slapped on a bit of lippy and tidied the counter.

aYXQsnP.jpg

Lands End 10th August 2108. Another solo trip so I visited a few  places on the way that my wife would not find so interesting!

rVJByAO.jpg

Compton Abbas airfield near Shaftsbury in Dorset, arguably one of the most beautifully located airfields in the world, with great viewing and grub. 

https://www.comptonabbasairfield.co.uk/

azMsRmb.jpg

3tkr2IS.jpg

If you enjoy a bit of industrial history this place near Oakhampton is well worth a trip, as is the whole of Cornwall. Operational trip hammers powered by water.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/finch-foundry  Technically not a foundry but a forge.

XFzJ2UT.jpg

A classic over the bonnet shot, with @Bluepork03 Boxster S in the limelight,  (note centre caps) just before setting off up Cheddar gorge.  Two members look a little concerned about the advancing cone!

Great pictures Bob.

Lands End and John O' Groats remain high on the Boxster bucket list.

with your knowledge and interest in air fields - surprised you haven't managed a picture of the Box with a helicopter/plane airborne in the background :-)

In the post office at 5.26pm? Ours would’ve had your fingers taken off by the shutter before then.

Fiona’s got a twinkle in her eye for you. ? 

1 hour ago, Ludacris said:

In the post office at 5.26pm? Ours would’ve had your fingers taken off by the shutter before then.

Fiona’s got a twinkle in her eye for you. ? 

Now that is ludicrous, Ludacris, but very imaginative, must be how you write all those rap songs ?

Nice pics Bob! There was a programme on last week (first in a series), which was about an injured ex-para who has flown to a lot of the smaller and more interesting airfields in the country in his own 1940's plane. Compton Abbas was one of the airfields in that programme and he also said it was one of the favourites because of its location.

42 minutes ago, Shazbot said:

That's an SAS helicopter used by 658 AAC  as a CT asset for 22 SAS. Usually seen in pairs, nice picture.

http://www.eliteukforces.info/uk-military-news/27032016-blue-thunder.php

They used to have 3 Agusta 109's 'liberated' from the Argies after the Falklands war. They were civilian registered and painted white with the registration in white!

Nice pics Bob. We stopped by Compton Abbas last year . Lovely views and a great lunch!

2 hours ago, Topbox said:

Now that is ludicrous, Ludacris, but very imaginative, must be how you write all those rap songs ?

Oh, fo’ sho’, homeboy.

6 hours ago, Topbox said:

aYXQsnP.jpg

Lands End 10th August 2108. 

Wow it took you 90 years to get there?!! Or does the pink one have a flux capacitor in it's options list?!! ???

1 hour ago, Southy said:

Fun fact my brake calipers has e gone pink and I've no idea why Haha

Well know Brembo issue - the clear coat has lifted and water has got under it.  Only way to fix is sand and either re-paint or throw more clear on afterwards.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Well know Brembo issue - the clear coat has lifted and water has got under it.  Only way to fix is sand and either re-paint or throw more clear on afterwards.

Thanks Patt

Archived