BOSE SubWoofer

Frankp2112

5 hours ago, Frankp2112 said:

HI,

Can any one suggest a way I can see if the sub woofer in the car is working.

I have the BOSE set up with the sun woofer on the back shelf.

I don't seem to be able to hear anything from it at the moment.

Thanks

Frank

Hi frank, you won’t get any sound out of a sub, you will get movement of air that produces  the thud (bass) there is a port the air is pushed out of, put your hand close to that and you should feel the air blowing out ??

At the risk of being patronising - but based on personal experience - it's worth checking that the Bose unit is actually connected to the car.

If you release the clamps on the top and lift it up you should be able to find and follow the signal lead - from memory it's on the UK driver's side behind the roll bar area.

This has been a long standing complaint I've had with mine (admittedly a 987), but I'm not sure if mine works properly, in so much that gery little bass is produced by it. If you set the fader to the rear it sounds like a cheap radio. I even had the Bose speaker replaced under warranty by the OPC & it sounds the same. The bass is produced by the door speakers in my car.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:36 PM, alank said:

Mine didn't work, as said before, it wasn't connected!!

6 hours ago, Ilkley986 said:

When I bought my Boxster the bass speaker had been disconnected. If you partially lower the roof you can find the cable connector below the fabric cover on the right hand side of the car.

I wonder if this is because the base is overpowering for some ?  Mine seems awful!

• 2 years later...

Archived