Sat Nav Maps Update PCM3.1

718as

Yes that's the same instruction as I got. I read it as turning on the ignition, not running the engine. I didn't get a memory stick, he just emailed me a file to burn to one myself. After removing the MS I put it in my PC and the file name had changed to 'activated' but I still got the error code 1011 when I tried to update the maps. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, @Mushroom3 has installed the new maps and they are working correctly.  Is that correct?

If I was one of the others, I would persevere for the sake of £150.

I'm watching this thread with interest.  After the old PCM2 updates, a few years ago, I'd love to update my current unit.

No I don't think that is quite right Araf - looks like no-one can get the maps running and witness the same error message.

Let's hope the seller can help as I'm sure there will be more buyers keen to proceed.

Isn't this seller charging just £99 ? I do see another on ebay at £150 though that one sounds like you might need a bit more IT knowledge etc. to install. Are we all looking at the same offer ?

I am looking at the one on ebay for £99 from navi-expert-uk

Also interested in seeing how the buyers here get on.

I have seen one feedback on the ebay site saying 'great seller, thanks' so someone has made it work

The other day I was quoted £328 by an OPC for map update

Some progress here...  he sent me a new code.  This time the file name changed to “activated”.  Locked the car. Returned 3 hours later to try Disc 1. It failed, threw a different error code!

But thought I’d give it another go; and this time it has begun to load😀   Currently 50% D1.  fingers crossed!!!

Be warned - it took a very long time to calculate first route (surprisingly it retains old addresses) which had me worried!

But all seems AOK now. And communication / support from Lukas has been very good.  He offered full refund if it didn’t work.

So don’t give up @topradio and @Mushroom3

Well done boxtastic your patience is admirable.  I'll go ahead with purchase and take many patience pills before install !

1 hour ago, boxtastic said:

Be warned - it took a very long time to calculate first route (surprisingly it retains old addresses) which had me worried!

But all seems AOK now. And communication / support from Lukas has been very good.  He offered full refund if it didn’t work.

So don’t give up @topradio and @Mushroom3

Did u plug it into a battery charger?

appreciate if u can describe the full process you did 

Archived