New roof - Black or red?

xavster

Hello,

My 2005 3.2 is probably going to be treated to a new roof. Should I stick with black, or go with the deep red colour? Is the red too showy??!!

Car is slate grey metallic, with extended black leather.

What do you all think?

So, 2 people say black and 2 say red!!

I’m leaning towards red - this is my 3rd convertible car. My previous Boxster and my Alfa Spider all had black roof. So part of me thinks just do it.

I followed a Fiat 500 the other day in dark grey with red roof - I thought it looked a great combination. 

My wife likes the idea of a red roof. My 5 year old daughter doesn’t!!

Your daughter has great taste.... 😂 

Black

The dark red would look fine with slate grey, rather stylish IMHO. Could not the roof people give a off cut of the fabric they use to hold up against your paint if you are a little uncertain .

Red.

I put a red roof on my Black 987 and it looked fab...it certainly differentiated it from many others and I'm sure when and if you come to sell it will aid its sale !

lFDSMy4.jpg

13 minutes ago, Topbox said:

The dark red would look fine with slate grey, rather stylish IMHO. Could not the roof people give a off cut of the fabric they use to hold up against your paint if you are a little uncertain .

Nice idea. Will contact them. They won’t be doing the job for a while because they’re moving premises in a few weeks.

Red - with gold wheels :bana:

A red roof looks fab on black,silver,grey and white cars ;)

So def red!

Archived