987 Black Edition Register - UK

Jonttt

I stand corrected.......referring to then Boxster Black Edition price list (not sure how I missed it lol) the sport seats where indeed a cost option, slightly cheaper if you also specified the full leather option. I’ll correct my table to reflect this note.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iiq725e36zdvzdf/2011 987 Porsche Boxster - Black Edition Price List - UK.pdf?dl=0

Edited by Jonttt

Now I am totally confussed re the seats (OK its a rainy day and I'm bored lol)....

- The sport seat option code according to the price list (which is correct for everythig else) is P77

- my car does not have this option code

- but it has sports seats 

Does not make sense.......so can someone confirm that these seats (from my car) are sports seats ?

9cYsVAn.jpg

Those are sports plus seats, similar to those optional on 981 models.  The giveaway is the 'wing' at shoulder height, and bigger/deeper bolsters - sports seats don't have that.

Edited by Gorsh

Yes, I was 100% certain they are sports seats. So far as I can tell they are standard on the car and not an option. They are certainly not an option as per the price list code (I have the full factory options list print for my car). This is the official list for my car :

VVgeFW4.jpg

I have I375 & I376 Sports Seat, backrest Shell, Left/Right but not P77 as per the price list.

So the question is still up for debate, are sports seats standard on the Black Edition ?

Can anyone confirm if they where standard on the "S" 987-2 ? If they where that where suggest to me that they where indeed a standard "option" on the Black Edition but an owner could spec comfort seats as a no cost option (as is standard for a porsche with sports seats as standard) ?

but that does not explain why its shown as a cost option on the Black Edition price list ?

Don't you just love Porsche options lol........my head hurts now.......I'm off for a game of poker 😉

1 hour ago, Gorsh said:

Those are sports plus seats, similar to those optional on 981 models.  The giveaway is the 'wing' at shoulder height, and bigger/deeper bolsters - sports seats don't have that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Now I am totally confussed re the seats (OK its a rainy day and I'm bored lol)....

- The sport seat option code according to the price list (which is correct for everythig else) is P77

- my car does not have this option code

- but it has sports seats 

Does not make sense.......so can someone confirm that these seats (from my car) are sports seats ?

9cYsVAn.jpg

They are indeed sports seats someone must have retrofitted them.

Do you have created headrests?

58 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

Does anyone with a black edition and sport seats actually have the option code for sports seats on the sticker in their service book ?

I have the original sales invoice with the sports seats added if that’s any use?

2 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Yes they have the Crest, I doubt they are retrofit, wear is appropriate for the mileage ie c64k 

Either way they are defiantly the sports seats which is great. 

Do you have the options list for your car then?

41 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

Yes its posted earlier in the thread 😉

What option code is the seats on yours ? 

I am not too sure I’ll try find out for you, but they look identical to yours to be honest. I was quite lucky as I have every document from new with the car inc the original invoice and black edition booklet etc 

when you update your form, can you add the crested centre console to mine please :) 

Every one I've seen recently has them 😉

I need to see a car with them listed as a cost option eg like pse, sport chrono etc ie should be on the option / vin sticker in the service book

This is my options sticker.....

SXjE2Gk.jpg

Its making more sense now (I think), it looks like "option" P77 in the price list (£546 incl VAT) = option codes I375 & I376 on the cars option list (Sport Seats, Backrest Shell, Left/Right). 

nb you alos get option code I025 (Black sport Chrono Face) if you choose the Sport Chrono option but thats effectively a no cost options I think ie to match the standard Black Edition black instrument cluster dials.

I'll amend the register and treat them as an important option worth noting 😉

Edited by Jonttt

26 minutes ago, hopz121 said:

Thanks, a couple of new ones on there I had not found 

ps 083 does have sports seats and 035 is exactly the same spec as mine 037, spooky