987 Black Edition Register - UK

Jonttt

Hi fellow BE owners, 

I’ve just had this made and applied it myself. I think it looks good and enhances the model type. 
Ross Cook on Facebook is manufacturing these for a very reasonable price and £1 uk postage. 

Thought I’d share some BE love! Happy Boxstering to all. 

Peter 

7C4D40F0-8D16-42BD-B355-33671A82B696.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ashgoods have advertised a Black Edition today........one of the best Porsche indy's and they only sell the best stock......it looks a good spec but higher mileage than most....no pics yet so I don't know the number....

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-Boxster-987-S-For-Sale-U1966

I love the statement "We tend to think of these cars as Boxster Spyders with a proper roof."

Edited by Jonttt
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonttt said:

love the statement "We tend to think of these cars as Boxster Spyders with a proper roof."

That is actually is fair starting point, although a few OEM mods are needed to get up to Spyder spec 😉

1 hour ago, Jonttt said:

Ashgoods have advertised a Black Edition today........one of the best Porsche indy's and they only sell the best stock......it looks a good spec but higher mileage than most....no pics yet so I don't know the number....

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-Boxster-987-S-For-Sale-U1966

It’s cheap even at that mileage! or am I way out of touch with the market? 😮

18 minutes ago, CliveH said:

Wow, prices really have plummeted! and I am totally out of touch with the market 🙄

Very strong on mileage that one, @CliveH I suspect they’ve factored that in the pricing. Manual surely is still a widely attractive option?

7 minutes ago, wolverinemac said:

That’s low miles.  I guess the prices have dropped as 2014 981s can now be had for 26+

the black editions will hold their value due to the low numbers 

They'll sit above an S with similar mileage but that's about it IMHO, I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

Yep, mileage definately factored into the price of the ashgood car......they have been selling a lot of stock this year based on decent pricing and their rep for only handling good cars......sold in a day says it all..

like buses lol with the contrasting low mileage low spec car @GT motors....some spec details so I can update the table when I get chance

no 176 is already on the table but was queried for sports seats which advert confirms it does not have......it is base spec  for a black edition

The ashgood car still has no pics or narrative confirming the number ......reserved so not sure if they will put anything up

Another has hit the market this week.....x3 in one week after none for a while......this one also at a recognised Indy Portacraft.....404....already on the register...manual / basic spec / 47k miles £22k........decent price so I don’t think it will sit around for long.........the recognised indys really are turning over some stock this year...sourcing good stock and pricing fairly and they sell quick 😉

ps.........pics make you realise how high the none PASM cars sit on standard suspension......really needs to be lowered 😉

https://www.portiacraft.com/car-detail.php?id=2962

Edited by Jonttt

13 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

pics make you realise how high the none PASM cars sit on standard suspension......really needs to be lowered

Totally agree, and the solution is.....

Spyder suspension

Spyder suspension 😊

23 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

Another has hit the market this week.....x3 in one week after none for a while......this one also at a recognised Indy Portacraft.....404....already on the register...manual / basic spec / 47k miles £22k........decent price so I don’t think it will sit around for long.........the recognised indys really are turning over some stock this year...sourcing good stock and pricing fairly and they sell quick 😉

ps.........pics make you realise how high the none PASM cars sit on standard suspension......really needs to be lowered 😉

https://www.portiacraft.com/car-detail.php?id=2962

Looks very high 😂

Also I didn’t see any embossing on the hood so maybe had a replacement, although I was watching on my phone 😎

• 4 weeks later...

To be added to the table when I get a chance

292 / 987 is at Ashgood for sale.

- Manual

- Sports Chrono

- Bose

- Sports Seats

- Rear parking Sensors

- heated seats

- no PASM, PSE or full leather 

86,000 miles