Zero battery

S2sam

Used car last weekend to Leeds show , got to it today but no power at all nothing , any ideas 

Batteries do die.  How old, how many crankings, how many short journeys, using roof off battery only?  Bang in a new one only about £60-70 when ECP have a 50% off sale and you only need a 10mm spanner and a 13mm socket on an extension to do it in under 10 mins. (make sure ignition is at first on position when you disconnect)

Recently got a Yuasa from GSF with their 60% off and it's roughly the same price as Tayna who are one of the cheaper online places. 

Cheers all it was new when I bought it around 6  months ago , been fine all this time no pointers that it's wearing out , suspect something must have been left on  luckily ive got a Porsche battery conditioner that plugs in lighter that I use on the 944 ,I've plugged in and will look on in the morning hopefully something and nothing .it was used to Leeds and back last Sunday so should have good charge in it 

Cheers again Sam 👍

Does anyone have an opinion on the AA Battery Charger and Maintainer? I want to SORN my 986 from the end of September and I am thinking about leaving it on a maintainer for the winter.  The AA Maintainer is around £26 which seems very reasonable.  Spug

On 8/11/2019 at 9:45 AM, ½cwt said:

Batteries do die.  How old, how many crankings, how many short journeys, using roof off battery only?  Bang in a new one only about £60-70 when ECP have a 50% off sale and you only need a 10mm spanner and a 13mm socket on an extension to do it in under 10 mins. (make sure ignition is at first on position when you disconnect)

Wait. What?  Key in first position? Wouldn't disconnecting the battery while the ignition on the first position cause the airbag light to remain on (necessitating a dealer visit to shut it off) when the new battery is hookled up?

1 hour ago, Starter986 said:

Wait. What?  Key in first position? Wouldn't disconnecting the battery while the ignition on the first position cause the airbag light to remain on (necessitating a dealer visit to shut it off) when the new battery is hookled up?

If you don't put the key in first position when you discnnect tha battery the alarm goes off. The first time I did that it in the confines of my garage it left my ears ringing. 😲

15 hours ago, Sussexlad said:

If you don't put the key in first position when you discnnect tha battery the alarm goes off. The first time I did that it in the confines of my garage it left my ears ringing. 😲

Say what now???😬

35 minutes ago, Mr96er said:

we all look the same...🤦🏽‍♂️

Mate, the first time we met I thought "I had no idea Chris Eubanks" owned a Boxster...

2 hours ago, John K said:

WTF is Trevor Nelson doing in your car..?

2 hours ago, John K said:

Mate, the first time we met I thought "I had no idea Chris Eubanks" owned a Boxster...

I guess you only opened your mouth to swap feet John? :huh: 

Was selling my Merc SLK yestaday & talking to the guy that bought it about my boxter'  He said that he had a Boxter some time back'  Then out of the blue said ...The thing with them is ya need to keep an eye on the battery charge as they lose it quite quick.      This has happened to mine a couple of times so got a new battery but still drained its self!   So might just be a 986 thing?

Dragging this reluctantly back onto topic...

I don't know what counts as 'losing charge quickly', mine sits on the drive 5 to 7 days at a time with no battery conditioner and always cranks into life like a very lively thing.

There will be a drain, if the batteries are not lasting.  The only way to be sure is to have a multimeter across the battery and gradually pull fuses one at a time until you see which circuits are draining the battery.  I'd start with whatever circuit the alternator is on as the diode packs on the back can drain when it's faulty.

Archived