What have YOU done to your 987 today

Tony Daniel

11 hours ago, phazed said:

Yep. New tuning fork arrive today but won’t fit till tomorrow .

You can see the tuning fork and coffin arm that were fitted to my car with the new tuning fork in the background. New coffin arm is already fitted to car. See the large gap that was taken up by a thick washer. The old tuning fork was clamped up until the metalwork bent to shape!

BD4F6E50-F4F5-4112-83F4-EFCC50089B96.jpeg

What/where did you source the tuning forks from? Been looking to do my fronts and keep looking at the E-Porsche ones on ebay, claim they are off the same production line as the leading German ones and seem a good price.

2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Thanks mate, I have learned a valuable lesson today (don't post pics on here... ever!) :lol:

Not a problem Davy just so long as you follow the basics, windows up roof up, Windows up roof down ...must be raining!!😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bally4563 said:

Not a problem Davy just so long as you follow the basics, windows up roof up, Windows up roof down ...must be raining!!😂😂

That makes perfect sense mate, cheers :lol:

23 minutes ago, detail1 said:

What/where did you source the tuning forks from? Been looking to do my fronts and keep looking at the E-Porsche ones on ebay, claim they are off the same production line as the leading German ones and seem a good price.

Seams like a no-brainer to me as they are a good price for the kit of four and you don’t have to run the gauntlet of getting the wrong parts. 
They even do the switchable exhaust I have a few hundred quid cheaper than I paid 😡

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, detail1 said:

Sourced from my local company BMG. It's a Mehle one that came in next day from Germany. 

They also sourced the Coffin arm which is a Lemforder item. Again sourced from Germany next day delivery. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Def1 said:

Sanded and painted rear top hats here’s a before and afterRu6FQs4.jpgOmiUtdG.jpg

Looks great👍, if you get a moment would you mind sharing products and technique.

Cheers Ady 

Stripped down the front brakes and fitted new discs, pads and pad dampers.   A very easy job.

whilst the wheels were of I’ve also throughly cleaned the wheel arches and everything I could see and then applied  ACF50.   Not the brakes obviously!   Looks great now.   I did the back end with ACF50 as I was on a roll. 

Edited by sa utah

Wheels off, one at a time, cleaned in & around the arches and the callipers. Washed the wheels and refit. Removed the wind deflector, finally and gave it a good clean with warm soapy water and when dried refit it with a little electricians tape over both the catch recesses on the deflector itself to stop the fookin ‘buzzin’ when the top is up #longoverdue and gave the roll over hoops and surrounding area a cleanup, rarely look around there tbh. Cleaned the plastic door cill covers and coloured them black again as well as the ‘S’ on the boot. Looking much better all round.

We had northern Spain and Portugal, touring in the Boxster booked up for three weeks in mid May. Booked the ferry and a beautiful villa for the last week in Portugal. Now all down the toilet! 

Could be worse .............

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, minimoog said:

Sigh. To do this is why I just bought mine. Looks fantastic!

It is fantastic and whose to say you wont be there come, say, June 2021. That's the botton end of the Furka pass IIRC Switzerland. I'm sure some would do it in a day from Calais, although thats not my style personally.

9 hours ago, phazed said:

We had northern Spain and Portugal, touring in the Boxster booked up for three weeks in mid May. Booked the ferry and a beautiful villa for the last week in Portugal. Now all down the toilet! 

Could be worse .............

How you doing Peter? Looks like a couple of bodges from the past you have sorted so far?

have you cancelled everything? I was trying to sort out my Monaco Classic stuff and the event is cancelled but they don’t seem to want to give the money back, my flight is cancelled and I think I can get the money and the hotel is basically saying tough luck if you want to cancel now. They are waiting until the week to see if France is still on lockdown!

Hi Graham. Ferry company says leave it till nearer the time and I think I will get a full refund from them.

Regarding the villa which is fully paid they are offering 85% back and I should be able to get the outstanding 15% as I booked it intentionally through my credit card rather than debit.

Watch this space!

1 minute ago, phazed said:

Hi Graham. Ferry company says leave it till nearer the time and I think I will get a full refund from them.

Regarding the villa which is fully paid they are offering 85% back and I should be able to get the outstanding 15% as I booked it intentionally through my credit card rather than debit.

Watch this space!

Push them for 100% refund this is not like you are choosing to cancel its a global pandemic.

Seriously these companies need to get wise....dont take and cr*p and push for a full refund.

1 hour ago, Topbox said:

It is fantastic and whose to say you wont be there come, say, June 2021. That's the botton end of the Furka pass IIRC Switzerland. I'm sure some would do it in a day from Calais, although thats not my style personally.

I've done the Furka a couple of times but it's always been in fairly boring saloons. Need to get out there in the Boxster...

11 hours ago, phazed said:

Watch this space!

Leave it to the week seems to be the option of choice. The villa people seem reasonable. I suspect my hotel will refund if France is still on lockdown but not if it isn't. The fact that I can't get there and the reason for me and thousands of others going that weekend is cancelled is nothing to do with them!

11 hours ago, minimoog said:

I've done the Furka a couple of times but it's always been in fairly boring saloons. Need to get out there in the Boxster...

Ah well, you should be extra motivated to get there in the Boxster, but doing it in "fairly boring saloons" is better than never. Good luck, start planning 👍

• Like 1