sports exhaust, car ticks all the boxes for me apart from this

robporsche

been travelling a fair bit so on my return going to start up my search for a red 981 S.      Found two i like and i will need to get inspections on them sorted out as im not mechanically minded. Spec as below on two cars

I really wanted sports exhaust on and both dont have it,  is it something you could do without now you have it or have you had it on a previous car and dont miss it (cant see many people saying that lol)

ones a manual at 33K miles   at £32,000

20-inch Carrera Classic Wheels. 6- Speed Manual with Porsche Torque vectoring (PTV) incl. mechanically locking rear differential, Sport Chrono package & Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM). Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module with universal audio interface, preparation for mobile & Bose Surround Sound Systems. Bi- Xenon Lighting Systems with Dynamic Lights Systems (PDLS).

and the other is PDK 12k  £34,000

PDK automatic 7 speed Gear Box, Satellite Navigation, 19 inch Cayman S wheels - perfect wheel condition, never curbed, Bi-Xenon lighting system with Dynamic Light System (PDLS), Cruise Control, Heated seats, Park Assist front and rear, Electric folding outside mirrors, Power steering plus, 2 zone automatic air conditioning, Light design package, sports seats (2 way, Electric), Multifunction steering wheel, Sound package plus, preparation for a mobile phone, Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module with universal audio interface. Wind deflector, Park assist front and rear, Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor.

Two very different cars above, what type of Boxster do you want, driver focused or more daily driver spec?  I'd like the PDK 12k car with the spec of the first one.

You can have PSE retrofitted for approx £1500, I felt the car was too quiet and sensible without it.

43 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Two very different cars above, what type of Boxster do you want, driver focused or more daily driver spec?  I'd like the PDK 12k car with the spec of the first one.

You can have PSE retrofitted for approx £1500, I felt the car was too quiet and sensible without it.

Think you might find that price had gone up. Best to get some prices first 

46 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Really, where from? **

i think you will have done extremely well to get it done for that price, more like £2300 typically, ( The parts are about £1600 and the fitting £6-800).

Either way it is something that can be retrofitted, so if you like the car otherwise then buy it and you can latter upgrade the PSE. As stated if buying from an OPC you can use it as a negotiation to get PSE on at a low or inclusive price.

** Mikey beat me to it

thanks for all the comments sorry its took so long to come back i dont think im getting notifications someone has replied.

This car will be a weekend car an possibly the odd drive into work (A roads for 33miles)  its going to be a keeper so i want a decent spec.    

Everyone keep saying when you see the car it will be leaping out at you.  Even started looking at the 718 again and the cayman 981S as im only looking for a red one so limited on what is out there.  I have the money burning a hole in my pocket, the quicker i can get my porsche then i have less to get my daughters fiat 500 lol

As per@Stuart21UK , the Carnewal route is an alternative less expensive route. Gert in Belgium has a very good reputation. I am very pleased with the work carried out. Quite a few forum members have gone for the Carnewal.

8 hours ago, red rocket said:

Pretty sure it was @Guvs who had it fitted as part of the deal.

Yes it was me at Cardiff OPC, I had got a quote for getting one fitted about a fortnight before I bought my 981 from Cardiff, and I was quoted £2,300 all in, that was sports tips, and believe it or not an extra (to be switchable) was £400 for the small switch in the panel and obviously they would link it all in to the ECU so that automatically switched on when the sports button was put on, so I would imagine the wiring would of been a nightmare.

I had a Carnewal fitted on my 987 and if I had to choose it would be a PSE every time, although the Carnewal is excellent value I would pay the extra and get a oem Sports Exhaust fitted, I was lucky I think they needed to up the sales numbers before the new registration comes in, I was in the right place at the right time with the cash to buy and they wanted the sale as much as I wanted the Sports Exhaust.

Guvs.   

8 hours ago, Guvs said:

Yes it was me at Cardiff OPC, I had got a quote for getting one fitted about a fortnight before I bought my 981 from Cardiff, and I was quoted £2,300 all in, that was sports tips, and believe it or not an extra (to be switchable) was £400 for the small switch in the panel and obviously they would link it all in to the ECU so that automatically switched on when the sports button was put on, so I would imagine the wiring would of been a nightmare.

I had a Carnewal fitted on my 987 and if I had to choose it would be a PSE every time, although the Carnewal is excellent value I would pay the extra and get a oem Sports Exhaust fitted, I was lucky I think they needed to up the sales numbers before the new registration comes in, I was in the right place at the right time with the cash to buy and they wanted the sale as much as I wanted the Sports Exhaust.

Guvs.   

Unfortunatly they dont just supply the switch ? It an all an new switch bank . At least you get the old one back to sell on.Had my exhuast done last year and the cost for the switch back was around £180 plus vat. If you already have the sports exhaust tips on your car youll save around £500 on the cost of the exhaust.

20 hours ago, robporsche said:

20-inch Carrera Classic Wheels. 6- Speed Manual with Porsche Torque vectoring (PTV) incl. mechanically locking rear differential, Sport Chrono package & Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM). Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module with universal audio interface, preparation for mobile & Bose Surround Sound Systems. Bi- Xenon Lighting Systems with Dynamic Lights Systems (PDLS).

Just as an FYI, i got fed up of you ignoring my whatsapps over the past 2 weeks, and/or not booking the Inspection you wanted to do, so i sold it to Ashgood Porsche instead yesterday. The car is as immaculate as i described, so at least you'll save the £600 Inspection cost now 👍

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-Boxster-24V-S-For-Sale-U1510

Good luck in your search.

1 hour ago, Sir_Dave said:

Just as an FYI, i got fed up of you ignoring my whatsapps over the past 2 weeks, and/or not booking the Inspection you wanted to do, so i sold it to Ashgood Porsche instead yesterday. The car is as immaculate as i described, so at least you'll save the £600 Inspection cost now 👍

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-Boxster-24V-S-For-Sale-U1510

Good luck in your search.

OK fair enough,  apologies I've been back and forth between various offices in Europe a fair bit with work so never got sit down and organise everything which is my fault I should have dropped you a one liner back.   Funnily enough i saw this on their last night and because of the difference in the mileage thought it wasn't the same car. 

Did they sort the dent out on the door? 

18 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

How did you program the switch?

As has been said with the full kit you get a whole new switch bank which you have to build up from scratch and then the exhaust has to be coded in with a PIWIS tool, the switch layout can also be changed with the PIWIS tool.

I have the full Porsche retrofit instructions for a BS if anybody needs them

2 hours ago, AnthonyR said:

As has been said with the full kit you get a whole new switch bank which you have to build up from scratch and then the exhaust has to be coded in with a PIWIS tool, the switch layout can also be changed with the PIWIS tool.

I have the full Porsche retrofit instructions for a BS if anybody needs them

Im presuming you have the PIWIS tool?

Archived