What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

10 hours ago, Topbox said:

So why were l they  stalking you Stuart 😂

981 only has two seats, I wanted to take it out, they had to take another vehicle for all 4 of us to go to CMK as a result ;) 

9 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

They were checking he wasn't sneaking out with a girlfriend to smoke behind the bike sheds.

oh those were the days 😀

• Like 1

Spent a good 2+ hours a couple of weeks ago jetwashing the underside in case of any road salt, a dab of ACF50 where appropriate, etc.  Looking sparkly clean, didn't have a chance to drive apart from a quick dry off round the block.

First time out, an emergency trip to Bluewater to pick up a cookie (don't ask) and of course it was chucking it down and with some dirty rain as well.  I'm thinking of giving up cleaning it, feels like I have to do it after every outing.  Just let it build up the filth over the years and then get it detailed professionally when it comes to sell it 😄

On 3/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, Patt said:

I use the patio cleaner attachment and just turn it upside down under the car - simple bit of jet washing - when I can be bothered.

Good idea, though the jets on that are a bit forceful aren't they?

I know the high pressure lance (with the ball in the end) can be vicious, I managed to get a red circular stripe pattern up my leg once, stung like mad for the rest of the day.

Fitted the summer wheels and tyres.

Front wheel bolts had been put in after my garage had done the front coffin arms and used a torque gun to 500ft lbs. broke the 19mm socket it looked like locktight on the wheel bolts ?

Checked the tyre pressure on the summers and the one repaired with the nail in was 39psi 🤔 which I assume they make it high so the repair is pushed in, it’s not the first time I’ve had tyres fitted with the incorrect pressure. Kwik fit put 40 psi in when I had them changed last year. I bought a tyre pressure gauge as I thought my foot pump was out. 

Jim

Yep I'll be changing back to summers within the next week.

Wheels need a good clean and a coating, plus I have to find where DPD have taken today's parts delivery as I'm also converting from wheel bolts to studs.

Fresh MOT today, no issues,

Hopefully get some nice weather soon so can get some use out of it. Bought it on a sunny November day last year and its been sorned ever since. Come on sunshine!!🌞 

53 minutes ago, jimmy p said:

Fresh MOT today, no issues,

Hopefully get some nice weather soon so can get some use out of it. Bought it on a sunny November day last year and its been sorned ever since. Come on sunshine!!🌞 

Wow, you must have the patience of a saint!

Get out there and enjoy it.

I don't like using them when roads are cr*p and it's too cold to have roof down.

Some of the potholes are just ridiculously dangerous at the moment. It'll get taxed and put on the road as soon as the sun comes out!!

After much deliberation I decided to remove the GT4 side scoops and go back to oem with a bit of mesh.

But before I get to the mesh I need to repair the holes in the original side vent. I had originally thought I would just buy new if I changed my mind but that was until I saw the price 😂

52768013137_1d53fb6835_b.jpg

One all repaired and ready to fit and one ready for the repair treatment 😎

16 minutes ago, andygo said:

How did you repair them - holes in plastic isn't that straightforward ususally...

I was a bit dubious myself but it worked out okay, I used a two pack glue to fill the holes. Then sanded it, primed it, black texture spray and then a coat of satin plastic lacquer.

52768966660_4fb0972107_b.jpg

This is the other one with the glue applied and ready to sand.

52769040653_b5e6a3de05_b.jpg

The first one looks pretty good 👌😎

• Like 2