What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

42 minutes ago, emil2099 said:

Do you have before and after pics? Did they replace the lenses or buffed the original ones? How much was the refurb?

Hi I don't have a picture of before or after sorry I can take one now but you need to see them in different light angles to see how bad they were.

They dont replace the lenses they sand them then spray them this improves the look and more importantly reduces the sunlight damage you get over time. My guy charged £60 a bit expensive but i know he is really good because he did my 986 and they came back like new.

• Like 1

Got car back from OPC after the tensioner bolt failed - all good and fixed under warranty 😀

And got the SC clock replaced FOC under warranty when it was in. The minute hand had warped and fallen off😱

from this 

to this 

Plus its 10 yr service, with brake fluid changed, special request that all brake calliper nipples were loosened, and drains were checked - and OPC book all stamped and up to date

and they gave me a nice the thermo coffee cup FOC too 👍

• Like 5

Put it up for sale  ...

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

What's next?

Definetly another one - went to see one friday,thats all i'll say :) 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ATM said:

I'm sensing a 718

Nope 😀

2 minutes ago, iborguk said:

981 GTS

Nope 😀

Had both my exhaust gaskets (manifold to cat section) replaced as one was 'chuffing' and leaking slightly.

I use Unit 18 in Milton Keynes for jobs like this. They are reliable, reasonably priced and the owner has a GT4 so knows his stuff. Cost me £90 inc VAT for the labour. I purchased the gaskets direct from Silverstone OPC which IIRC were about £12.

I also provided new bolts and proper copper coloured locking exhaust nuts.

Another job ticked off the list!

37 minutes ago, Patt said:

do you not mean Manifold to axle pipe, as the cats are integral to the manifolds ?

I thought I was the site pedant. 🤔

Porsche refer to the two parts as 'exhaust manifolds with catalytic converter' and 'silencer' in the parts cat....

16 hours ago, Patt said:

do you not mean Manifold to axle pipe, as the cats are integral to the manifolds ?

I'm really sorry for allowing some confusion in my report. I must remember to include the relevant parts diagram in future postings to remove any ambiguity. :)

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, andygo said:

Had both my exhaust gaskets (manifold to cat section) replaced as one was 'chuffing' and leaking slightly.

I use Unit 18 in Milton Keynes for jobs like this. They are reliable, reasonably priced and the owner has a GT4 so knows his stuff. Cost me £90 inc VAT for the labour. I purchased the gaskets direct from Silverstone OPC which IIRC were about £12.

I also provided new bolts and proper copper coloured locking exhaust nuts.

Another job ticked off the list!

These guys?

https://www.unit18.co.uk/

On 5/1/2023 at 2:36 PM, cozzykim said:

Sold my 987.2 this morning, so ordered a Cabrio Shield half cover today while I'm still feeling flush. 👍

I've fitted the cover using my natural ingenuity 😁 but, there were no instructions in the box or packaging. Does anyone have a link for the instructions? Thanks